A baptism (or christening) is an extremely special day for both parents and the child a-like. It’s symbolises the start of the childs religious journey, accepting Jesus into their life and beginning as a Christian. For parents it represents their baby’s first steps into faith and a real celebration of accepting the love of God.
If you are attending the baptism or you just know the family well then you will probably want to send them a baptism card to congratulate them on the initiation of their faith. You can wish the child themselves well and offer some words of wisdom that they can read when they get older or you can address your card to the parents and let them know how happy you are that their young one is entering into the arms of the Lord.
But finding the right words and knowing what to say isn’t that simple. You don’t want to write anything that might be offensive, which is possible when it comes to religious matters. You will also want to express your congratulations and let them know how proud you are.
If you’re struggling writing your own message then use our baptism wishes and messages below. You can copy them as they are or edit them to fit your own situation.
Table of Contents
Baptism Wishes and Messages
These baptism wishes are more general in their tone so can be used for most situations. They should do a good job of expressing your congratulations in a short and simple way.
- I hope this wonderful day gives you memories for years to come. Congratulations on your baptism.
- You are about to start on an incredible spiritual journey and I’m so pleased I was there to see it. Congratulations on your baptism and beginning your Christian life
- I hope this day brings you and your family so much joy and peace. Have a very happy christening
- May you find strength and hope through the blessings you receive on your Baptism. Remember to let God’s light guide you and stay true to Him
- Best wishes for the first steps on your road to a life full of faith and love. Congratulations and have a truly special day
- May the Lord bless your life with love and happiness. Congratulations on your Baptism
- May the blessings on this wonderful day fill your life with joy and peace forever. Have a lovely Baptism and congratulations
- I hope this special day brings you Gods love, that he enters your heart and blesses you with his good graces. Congratulations on your Baptism
- A baptism is a massive commitment and one that embraces your Christian faith. We know that it will be your first step on the road to a life filled with the love of God.
- God will protect and watch over you, guiding you towards a life of faith and love. He will bless you on this special day of baptism
Baptism Messages from Godparents
If you are the godparent, or godparents, to the child being baptised then your card is seen as more important than the others. Being a godparent is a special honour, one where you are chosen to help with the child’s spiritual journey. With this in mind you will want your message to be extra special as the young one may look back on it in years to come to reminisce on a momentous occasion in their life.
- Dear _____,
I’ve been entrusted to help you grow and maintain your faith, enabling you to become the best person you can be, and I promise I won’t let you down. Best Wishes
- Dear _____,
We feel blessed to have you in our lives. Remember that we will always be there for you, no matter what.
- Dear _____,
As Godparents we are so pleased to be part of this special day. We will always be there for you.
- Dear _____,
I hope your christening finds you blessed, and the grace of God grants you happiness and peace.
- To my darling Godchild, this marks the beginning of a life built on faith and love. As your Godparents we will be there to guide and help you with whatever you may need.
- I hope your baptism today is the start of a wonderful life. Enjoy it!
- I pray that the good Lord looks over you and you never have to feel scared or alone. As your Godparent I will always be there for you
- I pray that our dear Lord, blesses you with a lifetime full of happiness and peace, and a bright future, which I can’t wait to be a part of.
- We feel honoured and touched to be your Godparents and will do all it takes to support and love you through thick and thin.
Baptism Wishes to the Parents
You can choose to wish the parents of the child being baptised congratulations and let them know how pleased you are their baby is beginning his or her journey of faith. The messages below are perfect for doing this in a card.
- I hope this baptism brings your child a life full of blessings and love. Best wishes and congratulations
- I was so happy to be invited to your child’s christening. Congratulations
- I just know today will be made if memories to be cherished for years to come. Congratulations
- May your entire family be blessed with the love of God on this special day. Enjoy a wonderful baptism
- Wishing you all the best on this big day. Gods love will surely fill your baby girl with faith and happiness she deserves
- As you present
to God, may he/she be blessed with love and happiness surrounded by their family. Gods love will guide them to a life of faith and devotion.
- Congratulations on what must be such a special day. A baptism is a joyous event for all the family and marks the beginning of your baby boy/girls Christian life
- May your child always walk in the company of angels.
- Wishing you all the best on this happy day! Have a lovely christening.
- All the best christening wishes! On this special day may your little one be showered with love from above.
Bible Baptism Verses
If you prefer you can use a bible verse or quote to celebrate a baptism or christening. These verses come directly from the bible and show the real meaning of baptism and why it’s so important.
- “Whoever welcomes a child in My name, welcomes Me.” – Luke 9:46-48.
- “This water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – 1 Peter 3:21
- “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.” – Mark 16:16
- “Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.” – Luke 3:21
- “John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”- Luke 3:16
- “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.” – 1 Corinthians 12:13
- “I have no greater joy than to hear my children are walking in the truth.” – 3 John 1:4
- “And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said to me, On whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizes with the Holy Ghost” – John 1:33