Did you enjoy your Bridal Shower? I’m sure you did, they’re usually great fun and an excellent celebration. Also the perfect way to put on hold all the wedding planning and let your hair down for a bit. But once it’s over you’ve got the tricky business of having to thank everyone for both arranging it and attending. Guests took the time to show up, maybe bring cards and gifts. Whereas your bridesmaids and family put all the effort in to plan and execute the actual event. That’s a lot of people who should really be thanked!
So on top of planning for your big day you’ve now got to try and remember who attended the Shower, who bought which gift or card, who helped plan and arrange it, and then try to think up the right wording for the Bridal Shower thank You messages and notes! What a nightmare! Ok, well take a deep breath. You’re not the only one. And more importantly we’re here to help. We’ve got the best guide to writing the perfect bridal shower thank you notes and messages. Follow our steps to write your own or use the pre written examples and messages as an inspiration (or just copy them directly!)
Table of Contents
- 1 What to Write in a Bridal Shower Thank You Card
- 2 Putting it all Together – The Completed Note
- 3 Bridal Shower Thank You Card Etiquette
- 4 Short and Simple Messages
- 5 Bridal Shower Thank You Note Examples
What to Write in a Bridal Shower Thank You Card
If you’ve decided to write your own bridal shower thank you note, as opposed to using one of our examples below (or buying a card with one already in), then you can follow some guidelines to getting it just right. These steps should make sure you don’t miss anything important and say everything you would want to.
Who is it for?
The first thing you’ll want to consider is who the thank you note is for. Was it a family member, close friend, work colleague etc. And then what will you be thanking them for? Did they just attend the bridal shower and wish you well? Bring a gift? Send a card? Or was it a family member who had helped to arrange the shower? These will all play a big role in how you write your thank you note.
Very simple – use the recipients name. “Dear _____,”. Avoid using anything generic as this should be a personal note.
Say Thank You
Next you will want to thank the recipient for whatever it is they have done. You can decide how much detail or emotional you want to be. It’s absolutely fine to keep it simple though if you wish. All that you need to do is acknowledge their generosity.
- Thank you so much for the lovely bridal shower gift
- I was so grateful for how much time it must have taken to plan my bridal shower
- It was great to see you at my shower. Thanks for coming!
- Thank you for the heartfelt wishes, it was so touching
What did you like?
Following on from that you will want to let the recipient know what you enjoyed or appreciated about their gift, help or attendance. If they attended then thank them for making that effort and say how much you enjoyed having them there. Alternatively if they couldn’t make it but sent a card or wished you well then thank them for that. Say how much it meant to you to hear from them. For a gift you can be specific about what they gave you, what it meant and how you intend to use it. You can go into greater detail here if you want. If you didn’t like the gift though keep the persons feelings in mind. You don’t want to offend or make them feel like they’ve let you down.
- The place settings are gorgeous and we plan to use them straight away.
- The whole day was amazing and I had such a good time. You’re an absolute star and I can’t believe you managed to arrange it all at such short notice.
- Having all my friends at my side for such a fun day was just perfect. I’m so pleased you could make it.
- It was such a shame you couldn’t make it but I was really touched to receiver your card.
This should be the last part of your note before the signature. Try to make it specifically personal to them, maybe reiterating some of the general thoughts from before. You could also mention the upcoming wedding, your nerves or how your looking forward to seeing them.
- Thank You again for your generosity. Not long until the wedding now, can’t wait to see you!
- I really can’t thank you enough. It was the perfect preparation wedding.
- We both loved seeing you and can’t wait to catch up some more at the wedding.
- We’ll have to have a good old chat over a drink when the wedding is finished.
This should be the easiest part. Just sign the card with a warm thank you or greeting and remember to
include your signature.
- With love
- Warmest thanks
- Many thanks
Putting it all Together – The Completed Note
For a gift:
Thank you so much for the lovely bridal shower gift. The place settings are gorgeous and we plan to use them straight away. Thank You again for your generosity. Not long until the wedding now, can’t wait to see you!
I was so grateful for how much time it must have taken to plan my bridal shower. The whole day was amazing and I had such a good time. You’re an absolute star and I can’t believe you managed to arrange it all at such short notice. I really can’t thank you enough. It was the perfect preparation for the wedding.
It was great to see you at my shower. Thanks for coming! Having all my friends at my side for such a fun day was just perfect. I’m so pleased you could make it. We both loved seeing you and can’t wait to catch up some more at the wedding.
For those who couldn’t make it:
Thank you for the heartfelt wishes, it was so touching. It was such a shame you couldn’t make it but I was really touched to receiver your card. We’ll have to have a good old chat over a drink when the wedding is finished.
Bridal Shower Thank You Card Etiquette
The etiquette behind sending a card can be almost as tricky to navigate as writing the words themselves. What not to say, when to send it etc. So keep in mind these few extra pointers when writing yours.
When to Send it
A bridal shower thank you card should ideally be sent within two weeks of the shower taking place. It’s not going to be majorly offensive or rude if you do it later but responding in a promptly fashion is always preferable if possible.
Should It Be Handwritten?
Yes! Whilst it’s not completely necessary it does add an extra touch of personalisation. Typing and printing a note can seem a little bland and cold. A smart, well written note will be very warmly received.
Who Should Sign It?
Being unsure of this is a lot more common than you might think. Should it be just the bride or the bride and groom? If you’re not sure then the best answer is both. The reason for this is because the bridal shower gifts are usually meant for the couple. So it only seems fair and right that the groom should be thanking everyone as well.
Should I Send a Gift?
You can! There’s certainly nothing to say you shouldn’t. But if you are going to, do so for someone who has helped arrange or host the party. They’ve gone to the most trouble so a small gift to thank them is perfectly fine. Sending gifts to everyone who attended might be a little over the top though.
What to Avoid Saying
As above, don’t be too negative or critical. If you didn’t like a gift don’t be too harsh or nasty. Most people don’t set out to give an unwanted gift. Stay focused on your note as well. Don’t ramble on about unrelated topics. Keep it concise.
Short and Simple Messages
If you don’t want to write your own note or message then use one of the pre written messages below. These bridal shower thank you messages can be used in a pre bought card or one of your own. Rather than a fully written note they’re a line or two summing up your thoughts.
- Thank you for the wonderful bridal shower. I still don’t know how you managed to keep it a secret! But it was a brilliant surprise. You’re amazing, love you!
- I had an absolute blast at my bridal shower! Thank you for making it such a memorable day
- Thank you for the generous bridal shower git. I really appreciate it
- I loved my bridal shower gift! Thank you so much!
- You went to so much trouble arranging and hosting my shower, I’m truly grateful
- To have arranged the entire event was just incredible. It shows how much you really care. I’ll be forever grateful.
- I really missed you at the bridal shower! But I know you had a good reason you couldn’t make it. See you soon though.
- It was such a shame you couldn’t be at the shower but the card was lovely. Thank you.
- Thanks everyone for such an awesome bridal shower!
Bridal Shower Thank You Note Examples
Below you’ll find a selection of a bridal shower thank you notes that you can use. Just insert the appropriate names.
For Hosting & Arranging
I just wanted to send a quick note to say how grateful I am that you organised such an amazing bridal shower. I had a wonderful day, the entire thing was perfect and it was all down to you. We won’t forget everything you did. Thanks for being a true friend.
Thank you so much coming to my wedding shower and for the lovely gift. It was such a special day and made even more so being able to share that with close friends like you. The champagne flutes are absolutely gorgeous and will definitely get a lot of use! Can’t wait to see you at the wedding!
Your presence at my bridal shower meant the world to me. It was incredible to have you there and be a part of such an important time in my life. We can’t wait to see you at the wedding too.
All our love,
For Someone Who Couldn’t Attend
Thanks so much for the great bridal shower card and gift. It’s such a shame you couldn’t make it, I would have loved to have had you there. You were really missed! But the gift you got us was so generous. The picture frame is astonishingly beautiful, you really shouldn’t have. Your generosity is remarkable. We both can’t wait to catch up soon, and of course seeing you on the big day!