When you send someone or a couple an anniversary card you would usually write a short message or note congratulating them on their big day. A simple few words that wishes them well and congratulates them on reaching a significant milestone. However, there might be occasions when you want to include something more than a basic message. If they are a close relative, family member or your partner then going a bit further on such a special day seems natural. And we think that anniversary poems are a great way to show how much you care, express your feelings in a better way than a quick note would and be a touching way to celebrate an important day.
Reaching the milestone for an anniversary is always cause for celebration. Even a one month anniversary is an achievement and something to be admired. But anniversaries go all the way through newlyweds, families and onto the more mature couples who are hitting the big milestones like silver, ruby, gold and diamond. Love that sustains and remains through all the testing times life brings should be cherished and respected.
A first anniversary is a significant milestone in a relationship. It’s no surprise then that you will probably want to celebrate it in the best way possible. Making sure you send your other half a nice anniversary card with appropriate message is key. But knowing exactly what to say can be tricky. So try one of the funny, sweaty or loving anniversary wishes below for your card and show the person you love just how much you care.
- I’ve tolerated you for one full year, so I deserve a gift, don’t you think? I’m just kidding; I’d love to tolerate you for a lifetime! Happy first anniversary.
- We better party our hearts out on our first anniversary today. Because I’ve heard future anniversaries tend to get pretty boring.
- Let’s celebrate our first anniversary by not celebrating at all. How about some alone time? After all, I’ve heard that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Today I’m giving you breakfast in bed, followed by a quick shoulder rub before shower. Then I’m taking you shopping, followed by a romantic dinner and a late night movie. Enjoy it while it lasts, because anniversaries come only once every year.
- I love you unconditionally and I’m sure you do, too. So I hope it will be fine if I don’t buy you a gift for today and just wish you a happy first anniversary.
- I hope you got me something nice on our anniversary today. If not, be prepared for 12 months of annoyance, anger, and nagging.
- Enough of the romantic wishes and beautiful poems. The only way to my heart is through chocolates, flowers, and gifts. So keep your wishes to yourself and shower me with what I really want today.
- Let’s not get carried away and celebrate our first anniversary. Let’s wait and see, and if we are still together next year, we’ll make our celebrations double the fun. You in?
- On our anniversary today, promise me that you will stop arguing with me, you will stop being jealous, you will not be a possessive partner, and you will never annoy me. Happy first anniversary, honey.
- Is it our anniversary today? I’m sorry; I forgot.
- Thanks for being the perfect partner! Happy first anniversary.
- Just being with you makes me fall in love with you all over again.
- One year ago, you kissed me goodnight for the first time.
- Even after one year together, I get butterflies every time I see you.
- The only thing I regret in our relationship is not having asked you out earlier.
- The more time I spend with you, the deeper I fall in love. Here’s to the years to come.
- Even after a whole year together, I still think I’m dreaming. How could I ever be so lucky as to have a life with you?
- Life has never been so beautiful as it has been this past year with you by my side.
- I thought all guys were the same, but you proved me wrong! Here’s to the most incredible guy I know.
- The only way to my heart is through chocolates!