An 80th birthday is a tremendous milestone to reach. 80 years of life, experiences, wisdom and hopefully many great memories.
It’s a remarkable achievement that deserves to be celebrated and marked in the most fitting way. So if you know someone, maybe a family member or friend, about to celebrate their 80th birthday then you will probably want to give them a gift or card.
But what do you say to someone who has just turned 80? How can you hope to come up with anything they won’t have already heard before, or sum up the magnitude of reaching an 80th birthday.
Well if you are struggling then we’ve put together a large collection of 80th birthday wishes and messages. So use the pre written messages below. You can change them to fit your situation or use then exactly as they are.
Table of Contents
80th Birthday Wishes
The messages below are more general and can be used to wish most people a happy 80th birthday. If you are looking for a specific message written for a family member or friend then continue further down the page.
- Congratulations on your 80th birthday! What an incredible achievement.
- You are truly an amazing inspiration. Here’s to many more happy years.
- Wishing you a wonderful 80th birthday! Enjoy!
- Enjoy this special day and prepare for many more.
- Reaching your 80th birthday is a huge achievement. I only hope I look as good as you do when I get there!
- They say that wisdom is not measured in years, but there is a wealth of wisdom to be found in the 80 years that you have as experience.
- Always retain your passion and drive, that’s the key to happiness. Have a really special day
- You may be turning 80 today but you don’t look a year over 60! Happy Birthday
- There are those that attempt to teach through long speeches, but you have demonstrated your lessons in life simply by living yours over the last 80 years. Happy Birthday
- Throughout your life you have always set a fantastic example for me. You are a real inspiration. Congratulations on your 80th birthday
SEE MORE: Happy Birthday Wishes for Niece
If it’s your moms 80th birthday you will want to express just what she has done for you and how important she’s been. Let her know how much you value and need her in your life.
- To one of the most inspirational human beings I know. Mom, My 80th birthday wishes for you is that you continue to live your life the way it should be, surrounded by loving family and friends.
- Mom, You make the world a better place to live in, a place full of happiness and joy by simply spreading out your immense love and care. Thanks for everything! Happy 80th Birthday!
- I hope that today and the coming year are filled with blessings, and are as marvelous as you are. Happy 80th Birthday, Mom!
- I remember every wonderful moment of my childhood, because you made it something unique and special. Thank you, Mom, for all the loving memories and happy times we shared together. Happy Birthday!
- You are deserving of much honor for all that you have done in your 80 years. The world is a better place because you are in it. Enjoy your special day.
Much like with your mom you will want to tell your dad just how big an influence he has been on your life and how important that has been. Use one of the messages below to tell him just how you feel.
- On your 80th birthday, I want to take the time to thank you for all that you’ve done for me. I love you, Dad!
- Having a Dad like you has made my life so much happier and more complete. I’ve learned so much from you, and I treasure every moment and lesson. Happy Birthday
- Thank you, Dad, for some many amazing memories and experiences.
- They say that age is just a number, but it is so much more than that. Your 80 years are especially remarkable. You have taught me many lessons, simply by the way you live your life.
- You have taught me so much in my life, but I know I have a lot more to learn from you. Happy birthday pop.
Its probably quite likely that the person turning 80 is one of your grandparents. If it’s your grandmother then you can say how much she has meant to you or been an influence in your life.
- Your favorite grandchild would like to wish you a happy 80th birthday.
- It’s been an absolute blessing to have you in my life. Helping to guide me and as a constant place for wisdom and experience. Happy 80th birthday grandma!
- You have brought so many moments of joy and happiness in other’s lives. I hope that your 80th birthday is filled with the same in abundance. Happy Birthday
- You have set a high standard over the last 80 years that I aspire to reach. Have a brilliant birthday granny!
As above with your grandma, grandparents are such important family members that offer love and support alongside your immediate family. Let your grandad know just how special he is to you on his 80th birthday.
- I’m so grateful for having you in my life as my grandpa. Here’s to 80 more years!
- I’m already looking forward to telling you happy birthday on your 90th, and every year between now and then.
- You might be getting older in years but you’re still so young at heart. Have a great day!
- You have done so many remarkable and unforgettable things in your life. I simply want to wish you a remarkable and unforgettable 80th birthday.
- As I have grown older, I have learned to love your stories and wisdom more and more. On your 80th birthday, I wish you the health and vitality to continue to create many more.
For a Friend
A friend reaching their 80th year is one that you will want to celebrate with them, possibly offering congratulations on reaching such a momentous milestone. The messages below shows help you to do so.
- I consider myself lucky to have someone so special like you in my life. On this 80th birthday of yours, may you continue to be blessed with love, health and happiness for many more years to come.
- Happy 80th birthday to the youngest 80 year old I have ever met!
- Happy birthday to the only 80 year old I know that act half their age. May you continue to be a pain in my side for many more fun filled years to come.
- Happy 80th birthday! You are the prime example of 80 being the new 60!
- Age will eventually show in our face and our bodies. Though the most important things is that it doesn’t show in our spirit. Happy 80th birthday and may you continue to enjoy the gift called life.
- When you look forward to the future, I hope that all your dreams and wishes come true. Happy 80th Birthday!
- When you look back over 80 years, I hope that your memories are warm ones. Enjoy your special day
- A lot can happen in 80 years. You have written many stories over your life, but you are not finished yet. Enjoy your 80th birthday and preparing for the next chapter.
- In the 80 years that you have lived on this planet, you have done much to leave a legacy that will last. Enjoy your 80th!
SEE MORE: Happy Birthday Aunt Wishes
Funny 80th Birthday Quotes
You can of course use something a bit funny or cheeky to wish someone a happy 80th birthday. Putting a smile on their face with a funny quip or joke might be just what they’re looking for! So try one of the funny messages below.
- At your age, you no longer want to hear, “You look good for your age.” That’s not saying much at 80!
- If things really do get better with age, then you’re approaching perfection!
- You have experienced a lot. If there is something to learn, you have learned it. The key now is trying to remember it all!
- At 80 years old, I am sure that you don’t want to waste a lot of time reading a long message in your card, so I will keep this one short. You inspire me!
- It’s a good thing you’ve had 80 years to develop your sense of humor because I’m relying on you to say something funny.
- Remember when you were hitting your first milestone at 10 years old? I don’t. I wasn’t even born yet.
- It seems like you were in your 70’s just yesterday! Oh wait, you were.
- I was just thinking how funny it would be to watch you attempt to blow out 80 candles, but I decided to let you slide on this one. Having successfully endured 80 years has earned you a pass.
80th Birthday Poems
A touching or thoughtful poem is a great way to celebrate a birthday and most can fit easily inside a card. Try one of the 80th birthday poems below if you want to express your joy for their big day in a different way.
- On this 80th birthday of yours
its a special time to say
your loved and thought about,
each and every day.
Happy birthday and may all of your desires come true.
- Today is your birthday it’s finally here, some joy we shall bring you along with good cheer.
You’ve lived a good life we see that indeed.
We want you to know that we adore you so and we hope that your birthday is the best one yet.
Happy 80th birthday
- You’re bones start to creak and you can’t quite see,
But despite your age, you’re always there for me.
You may be 80, but to me,
You will always be my best friend, don’t you see?
May you enjoy the summer sunshine
And butterflies in flight
The joy of simple things
The moon and stars at night
Your spirit is like a new day
Adorned with morning dew
And so this message comes
With a birthday wish for you
Happy 80th Birthday
SEE MORE: Happy 70th Birthday Wishes
80th Birthday Inspirational Quotes
You can always decide to use someone else’s words to inspire and celebrate an 80th birthday. A good way to make your card stand out is to use an inspirational quote that can help put turning 80 into perspective.
- “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well” – Voltaire
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years” – Ausonius
- “You don’t get older, you get better” – Shirley Bassey
- “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter” – Satchel Paige
Hopefully the wording ideas and examples you’ve found here will help you get the perfect message. All that’s left to do is wish that special some a very happy 80th birthday!