Birthday wishes tend to be very similar in their nature. Most are simple greetings that say happy birthday in one way or another. Some can be a bit more expressive but follow the same sort of pattern in wishing the recipient a happy or enjoyable birthday.
Which is fine if that’s what you want. But sometimes you might want to say something a little different. For example if the person who’s birthday it is has a strongly held faith then you may prefer to send them a religious birthday message.
But knowing what to say or write and possibly what religious verses and texts to use can be difficult. You want your message to be a bit special, perhaps say more than a regular wishing of a happy birthday but you want to get it right. You also will want to avoid causing any offence which is more likely when using something religious.
So if you are struggling a bit with what to say then use the one or more of the religious Birthday wishes below. Some are purely religious based message and words, which you are free to change, whereas others are religious verses and passages.
Religious Birthday Wishes
These religious messages are perfect for expressing your happiness on someone’s birthday in a card, to use on Facebook or other social media, or even to say in person.
- May God bless your special Birthday with happiness and joy
- Happy Birthday! May the love of God fill you with happiness on your big day
- May God bless you on your birthday, helping to make your dreams come true. Have a happy birthday
- Happy birthday. You’re truly heaven sent by God.
- Happy birthday. May you have many heavenly blessings on your special day.
- Birthdays are not all about presents, but about God’s presence too. Have a wonderful Birthday!
- Happy Birthday! Today we celebrate the life God has given you and the happiness you have bought us all
- Happy Birthday! May you have a blessed day and a great life ahead!
- Happy birthday. May God grant you the strength to live life to the fullest (and, if you still have strength, blow out the multitude of candles on your birthday cake).
- On this day, may you feel the Lord’s loving presence working in your life. Have a great birthday
SEE MORE: Happy Birthday Aunt Wishes
Religious Birthday Messages
SEE MORE: Happy Birthday Wishes for Niece
Religious Birthday Quotes
SEE MORE: Happy 70th Birthday Wishes
You can choose to use a fitting Bible verse as a way to celebrate someone’s birthday as well. Try one of the verses below in your card instead of a message or simple greeting.
- May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. – Psalm 20:4
- A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. – John 16:21
- For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. – Proverbs 9:11
- For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11
SEE MORE: Happy Birthday Beautiful Sexy Lady
Spiritual Birthday Wishes
These Birthday wishes are less specifically religious but more spiritual. They are more suited to someone who doesn’t ascribe to a specific religion or faith but does consider themselves spiritual.
- May the light of this auspicious day bring peace and everlasting serenity to your life and soul. Blessed be.
- Take the pain and turn it into something beautiful, something people can learn from and guess who will have the last laugh! Stand the pressures of life with tenacity because that’s how a diamond gets its real value, after the pressure! Have a blessed birthday!
- If we focus on impressing everyone around us, we’ll definitely lose all the substance that makes us special. If you keep changing to facilitate a facade, you risk losing all of the real qualities that make you. Happy birthday. May you always remain the beautiful person you are.
- Speaking faith is great but moving in faith is what makes things happen. Don’t wait to see it before you believe it. Begin to live like you know you already have what you are fighting for. Have a faith-filled birthday, beautiful.
- I hope that your day is blessed with happiness and joy.
- I wish you the most healthy, loving, wealthy, blissful and spiritual life ahead. Happy Birthday. Wish you celebrate many more special days in your life.
SEE MORE: Happy 22nd Birthday Wishes
We feel sure that these messages will be perfect for a faith based card or greeting. And that you will have found exactly what you needed from these religious birthday wishes.
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.