When writing a retirement card message you may often find it lacking something. They have a tendency to be quite boring and cliche, offering very little in the way of a touching thought or uplifting message.
Retirement is a major event in a person’s life so it seems fitting that when celebrating it the least the words in a card can do are reflect how momentous it is. One of the best ways to do this is by using one or more retirement quotes.
You can use lots of different types for your card, including religious, inspirational and funny retirement quotes.
Using retirement quotes gives you the chance to be a little different in your wishes and also use someone elses words that may express what you are feeling far better than you could have done so on your own. As long as you pick your quote, or quotes, well then you will make your card come alive and avoid being just another dull, forgettable greeting card.
So please use some the retirement quotes below:
- “Planning to retire? Before you do find your hidden passion, do the thing that you have always wanted to do.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “I have never liked working. To me a job is an invasion of privacy.” Danny McGoorty
- “Sit back and relax and do the things you never got a chance to do.” Julie Hebert,
- “Retirement, a time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it, and, how you want to do it.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “For retirement brings repose, and repose allows a kindly judgment of all things.” John Sharp Williams
- “Best wishes on your retirement. Enjoy a rest that’s overdue. Take pleasure in the finer things that are awaiting you.” Judith Wibberley
- “Retire from work, but not from life.” M. K. Soni “Retirement may be an ending, a closing, but it is also a new beginning.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “Working people have alot of bad habits, but the worst of these is work.” Clarence Darrow
- “RETIREMENT – now life begins.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “Retirement, a time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “When you retire, think and act as if you were still working; when you’re still working, think and act a bit as if you were already retired.”
- “Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren’t going to get rid of me that way.” – Betty White
- “Don’t think of retiring from the world until the world will be sorry that you retire.” – Samuel Johnson
- “The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.”
- “There are some who start their retirement long before they stop working.” Robert Half
- “You know that retirement is coming. It isn’t as though it just shows up one day and takes you by surprise, so you need to get ready for it.” Batya Shevich, Warren Buffett: To Be Rich And Successful Is Easy!
- “Living frugally now however, can help you start your very own retirement plan for the future.” Ricky Gomez, Frugal Living
- “The joys of retirement can be enjoyed here and now. You can pursue your passions, live your dreams and enjoy life while you are still working. Rand Bennett, Take a Mini-Retirement
- “Establishing new schedules and routines is a great way to make the transition into retirement easier and help seniors find a new path forward.” Samantha Westwood, Rise and Shine!
- “Our western European thought of retirement and pension has to be broken against all odds. Because it is a false myth that happiness comes from 65 years ‘retires’.” Ben Friedland, How to age cool
- “Think of retirement as the opposite but equally unhealthy extreme on the other side of being in a perpetual state of high stress and anxiety. Just as it’s not healthy to overwork yourself, it’s also not healthy to not work at all.” Linda Westwood, Healthy Habits Vol 3
- “Make a plan of how your future is going to look like. Make a smart investment portfolio so that you won’t have to worry about your retirement.” John McQuilkin, Insecurity
- “There is so much talk about pension funds depleting and people living longer, however, putting monies away for retirement is still a good investment.” Eunice Tawney, Getting out of Debt
- “A retirement community is best for retirees who are still able to pursue an active life.” Kathy Bishopson, Caring for Elderly Parents: A Son or Daughter’s Guide to Taking Care of Elderly Parents
Sources: Wow4u.com, Quoteacademy.com
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.