We all make mistakes at some point. From letting friends down, offending someone, upsetting your family and so many more. That’s why when we do it’s important to say “I’m sorry”.
While it’s impossible not to make an error from time to time we should apologize when we do. Asking for forgiveness from the ones we love is part of life.
Be it an off hand comment, being late for an event, general rudeness or something else entirely. It’s the way in which we learn from and deal with those mistakes that’s important though.
And a vital way to make amends and show you care about the upset you cause is by apologising. Saying “I’m sorry” isn’t easy and requires humility, not something that comes easy to many. But learning how to say sorry and the way in which to apologise is a key skill everyone should have.
You can apologise in a few different ways. Both in person and via an apology note are probably the best. They are suitable at different times for different things but done the right way should demonstrate your guilt and sadness at upsetting whoever it is.
If you’re one of those who struggles not only with the apology itself but what to say or write then you’re not alone. Overcoming the embarrassment of saying sorry is tough enough but finding the right words is also very tricky.
That’s why we’ve put together a whole range of I’m sorry messages and apology letter samples to help you through it. Take a look below and you should find the perfect apology message if you’re sending a card or wanting to apologise in person. Or use one of our sorry note examples to write your own apology letter.
I’m Sorry Messages
You can use these message examples in a card, note, an email/Facebook or even in person. They’re fairly general and not specific to any situation so should fit most circumstances.
- I’m so sorry for being such an idiot. Can you ever forgive me?
- I know I hurt you and I shouldn’t have. I’m really, truly sorry and hope we can work things out
- I made a mistake but I promise I will make it up to you. I’m really sorry, please forgive me
- Please accept my deepest apologies
- I know words won’t be enough but I hope this can be the start of my making amends to you. I’m honestly sorry
- It was all my fault and I take full responsibility. I’m so sorry
- I owe you a massive apology. I’m really sorry and it won’t ever happen again
- I’m not good with apologies but I understand how in this case I need to make an effort. I’m truly sorry
- I’m not perfect, I make mistakes and I hurt people. But when I say I’m sorry, I mean it
- I’m so sorry for letting you down. I’ll earn your forgiveness and trust back
- I can’t turn back time but I can make up for all the hurt I’ve caused. And the best place to start is by saying how sorry I am
- I’m really, really sorry. Please get in touch and we can talk
- Take your time. Don’t worry; I’ll wait forever if that’s what it’ll take for you to forgive me
- I want to to apologise and let you know how I feel, but I just can’t find the right words. I only hope this will help to fix things. I’m sorry
- I won’t say a word. The sweetest apologies are never said with the mouth but felt in the heart. I am sorry
Sorry Messages for Friends
If you’ve done something to really upset or offend a friend then the best place to begin making amends is by saying sorry. So choose one of the apology messages below and either copy it as it is or change it to suit your situation.
- I’m sorry for being so insensitive. I miss you and hope you can accept my apology
- I hurt you and shouldn’t have. I’m so sorry and really hope you can see how much I want to make it right
- I was such an idiot last night and am really sorry. Still friends?
- At times friendships as strong as ours are tested. I’m just praying ours is tough enough to get through my mistakes. So sorry for everything
- I’m truly sorry; I made an big error and hope that it won’t damage our friendship long term
- Forgive one of your best friends for being an idiot?
- For everything I’ve done – I’m sorry
- I wish I could take back all that I said/did. Please forgive a fool, but a friend
- I can’t forgive myself for hurting you but I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive me
- The thought I made you so unhappy is more than I can bear. I’m so sorry
- I will do anything and everything just to take away all the hurt that you feel. I’m really sorry. Please forgive me and let me set things straight
- I’ll say sorry a thousand times if it’ll convince you to forgive me
- Friends can’t stay mad at each other forever, right? Please accept my deepest apologies and I hope we can make it up soon
- Best friends tolerate the worst in you. Thanks for being one, I’m sorry.
- I’ve been so stupid and said foolish things. I’m really sorry, how can I make it up to you?
Apology Examples for Boyfriend
Hurt your boyfriend? Say sorry with one of the messages below and make it clear how special he is to you by asking for his forgiveness.
- I know I’ve been a nightmare recently. I’m really sorry, but you know I love you, right?
- I don’t want us to fight anymore. I’m sorry and want things to go back to how they were. Please forgive me
- You’re the only guy for me and all I want in my life. I’m sorry for acting so stupid
- Saying sorry can revive our relationship and let it blossom like before. I miss you sweetheart and I love you
- I know I shouldn’t have lied but hope that I can make it up to you. Please accept my apology
- You know I didn’t mean any of the things I said. I want to take them all back, tell you how amazing you are and say sorry for everything. Please say you’ll forgive me
- We’re perfect together and I just hope that you can forgive me and see how special our life can be in the future. Please let me make it up to you
- You’re my world and you know I’d never doing anything intentional to hurt you. I’m so sorry babe
- I made a big mistake but I’m sure we can get through this. Please forgive me
- I can’t stand you being mad at me. I’ll do whatever I can to show you how sorry I am and how much I love you
SEE MORE: Love Paragraphs for Him
Saying Sorry to your Girlfriend
Guys have a tendency to do and say the wrong things. So if you’ve messed up with your girlfriend then find the perfect words for an apology from the choices below.
- I don’t know what to say but to apologize for being such a jerk. I hope you look beyond this mistake and forgive me
- I want to take back all the stupid things I did to hurt you. But as I can’t I hope you’ll accept my apology
- Love is a four letter word and sorry is 5, but when they walk together they make a relationship shine
- I regret my words, actions, and all the stupid mistakes I’ve made. Please accept this apology that comes straight from my heart < /li>
- I am sorry for being a bit clingy. It is just that I can’t stop thinking about you
- I don’t deserve someone a wonderful as you. If you accept this apology you’d be making me the happiest guy in the world
- I need you in my life, and I’ll apologise until the end of time to make it happen. I’m so sorry honey
- You know that you’re pretty; you know that you’re smart; you know you’re intelligent but do you know that I’m sorry too?
- I shouldn’t have argued with you. I hate it when we fight and I’m really sorry. Can we make up?
- I let my mouth run off from time to time and speak without thinking. I promise I’ll get it under control and it won’t happen again. Please forgive me
Sorry Messages for Husband
Married couples will inevitably argue, bicker and upset each other. If you’ve made a mistake and your husband is annoyed with you then say sorry with a message below.
- Being married to me can’t be easy at times, I know, but I’d never to do anything to hurt you on purpose. So I’m really sorry. Forgive me?
- I’m not perfect but I can see whenever I’ve made a mistake. Please find it in your heart to forgive me
- If you can’t see the tears in my eyes then please feel the pain in my heart. I’m so sorry
- I’ve been moody and nasty, but I’m going to try so much harder. I love you and will do what I can to make this work. Sorry baby
- I’m sorry I didn’t trust you. I get jealous too easily and have to learn that you’re on my side.
- All I want is for us to be happy. But I accept that sometimes I go about it the wrong way. So I’m sorry and hope you’ll forgive me
- I understand things won’t instantly go back to the way they were but I’m going to keep apologising until we move forward. I love and am so sorry
- I remember, you once said that you would do anything for me. All I am asking today from you is to accept my apology. I made a mistake but I promise I didn’t mean to, there is no one else I love but you. I am sorry
- It is painful to see how such a small mistake, can impact two lives like this. How can such a small act of stupidity, make two lives worse. But we don’t have to let it end this way. Please accept my apology. I love you
- No matter what, you will always be my number one. Can you please forgive me for me for what I have done? I am sorry
Messages of Apology for Wife
Husbands are always saying and doing the wrong thing. If you’re the husband in this case then you’ve no doubt made a silly mistake. So if your wife is giving you the silent treatment or feeling offended then a well written sympathy message will go a long way to making things better.
- I know how much pain my lies caused. I’m sorry and won’t ever let it happen again. Please forgive me
- I just want to see you smile again. I hope this note of apology will show you I want to fix things. I love you honey and am so sorry
- You are the kindest person I have met. Forgive this fool who can’t live without you
- I’m going to do everything I can to earn your trust back. I’m so sorry
- I realize that it doesn’t matter how much I care about you, until I actually show it. I’m Sorry
- All I care about is having you in my life and by my side.Until I make amends I won’t rest. Please forgive me
- I know I’ve been a pain recently but work has been such a stress. I know that’s not an excuse though so I wanted to apologise and say how sorry I am
- We’ve too many good times and amazing memories to fight. I made a mistake and I’m really sorry. Can we get past it?
- If I begin to tell you how terrible I feel for what I did to you, my apology will run into days, weeks and months. To cut a long story short, I am really sorry
- I’m not just going to say I’m sorry because words are cheap, but actually do something about it. I’ll prove to you how much you mean to me and that I can’t live without you. I love you so much
We hope you will now find it much easier to make an apology to someone. These I’m sorry messages were designed to help you make amends and show you regret what you did. So take the first step, be the bigger man and apologise.