Thanksgiving may not get quite as much attention as the likes of Christmas and Halloween but it’s still a great holiday. And one that is perfect for some hilarious puns!
The food, the football, the thankfulness.. all just waiting to be turned into groan inducing puns and ridiculous wordplay.
So enjoy our this list of our favorite Thanksgiving puns and one liners and celebrate the holidays with a smile on your face.
Short Thanksgiving Puns
These short Thanksgiving puns are ideal for using as captions, on social media or just dropping them in amongst your dinner conversation.
- Thanksgiving is plucking awesome
- Because stuffing compares, stuffing compares to you
- Buckle up for a great Thanksgiving, pilgrim
- Eat, drink, and cranberry
- Think Thanksgiving dinner is over? You ain’t seen stuffing yet
- Baste. Thanksgiving. Ever.
- Let’s get basted!
- It doesn’t get any butter than this
- Don’t make Thanksgiving a cluster-pluck
- I’m all about that baste
- The gravy boat has arrived. Calories disembarking
- Let’s give ’em pumpkin’ to talk about
- You are the pumpkin pie of my eye
- Can’t nobody tell me stuffin’
- You can’t quit reading these Thanksgiving puns cold turkey
- Feast your eyes on this
- We’ll worry about the Christmas tree later. Today it’s all about the poul-tree
- Oh my gourd, I ate too much
Thanksgiving Food Puns
These puns are all related to the most important part of Thanksgiving – the food!
- Getting the longer part of the wishbone is a snap
- Don’t marsh my mellow
- 50 shades of gravy
- I yam what I yam
- Activate: Feast Mode
- No fowl language over Turkey dinner
- Gobble ’til you wobble
- Much ado about stuffing
- Nobody puts gravy in the corner
- Thanksgiving has the tur-key to my heart
- Stop, drop, and pass the rolls
- Look at you eat! You are on a green bean casse-roll
Hilarious Thanksgiving One Liners
- Remember: Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, not your carbs
- Hey I just met you, and this is gravy, but here’s my stuffing, so carve me maybe
- Thinner before Thanksgiving dinner
- Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving followed by a Peaceful Naps-Taking
- My family told me to stop telling Thanksgiving jokes, but I said I couldn’t quit cold turkey
- WTF = Wine, Thanksgiving, and Family
- Mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole. on Thanksgiving, there’s always more than one side to the story
- Leftovers are for quitters
- Wham, yam, thank you ma’am
Funny Thanksgiving Captions
Use these captions for Instagram or other social media to share with friends and family.
- Turkey and wine and I’m feeling fine
- Bring on the Turkey Coma
- Happy Fall, Y’all!
- Bread-y or not, here I crumb
- Get your fat pants ready!
- It doesn’t get butter than this
- Merry Black Friday Eve!
- Thick thighs save lives (with Turkey Thighs)
- This is how I roll (with rolls)
Get your family laughing at the dinner table with these cracking Thanksgiving jokes.
- Did you hear about the guy who went into a rage when he got the shorter end of the wishbone? He just snapped!
- What’s a turkey’s favorite Thanksgiving food? Nothing, they’re already stuffed!
- Why didn’t the cook bother to season the Thanksgiving turkey? She didn’t have thyme!
- What do Halloween and Thanksgiving have in common? Gobble-ins
- How did the turkey manage to survive Thanksgiving? By being ahead of the carve!
- What do you call a small cup at Thanksgiving? A Gobble-let
- Did you know that the pilgrims brought cats over on the Mayflower? They were called purr-itans
- What kind of dessert do mathematicians eat on Thanksgiving? Pumpkin pi!
- Why did the police arrest the turkey? They suspected it of foul play!
- What do you call a turkey with no feathers? Plucky!
We hope you’ve enjoyed these funny Thanksgiving puns and jokes and that they’ve help add to the fun and enjoyment of the holiday.
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.
1 thought on “Thanksgiving Puns, One Liners and Jokes”