Just choose one of the retirement ecards below, fill in the details and hit send, and the lucky recipient will be reviewing their retirement eCard in no time!
Sending a Halloween card isn’t all that common yet. However many people do, and if you are one of them then you may be struggling with what to write in your Halloween card. If so then this article is perfect for you! We’ve got a whole selection of Halloween wishes and messages to give you some great ideas. Just read on.
When writing and sending a retirement card to someone you may find yourself wanting to add a little more than a standard message. You might feel it’s a bit boring or could do with being more exciting and interesting. One good way to do this is to use a retirement poem or verse alongside your message. One of these can liven up your card and put a smile on the recipients face.
Choose from the birthday ecards below, select the one you like then just fill in the appropriate details and press send and your birthday eCard will be sent to the birthday boy or girl!
When someone sends you a gift or present for your Birthday it is considered polite to reply with a note or thank you notes. If they have taken the time to find and choose you a gift before spending their own money on it then responding with a simple note is only fair. It doesn’t have to be particularly long or verbose. Just something acknowledging the effort they have put in and thanking them for it.
Ah, weddings. Fantastic, aren’t they? That is until you remember you’ve got to send the happy couple a card and have no idea what to write! Well fear not, as we’ve put together the best list of wedding wishes and message examples to help you out of this particular bind.
If you’re a son, daughter or even husband then you’ll want to send your mother (or wife) smothers day card. It’s the least you can do considering everything she’s done for you, right? Ok, good. So we’ve established that you’re going to send her a card. But what are you going to say in it?? Finding the right words can be tough. Trust us we know. We’ve got mother’s too!
When writing a card message for someone you may want to include religious words or greetings. If you have a religious family member or friend then you may decide that this is more appropriate and fitting for them. A religious message can be uplifting, thoughtful and comforting. There are also many different religious sayings that fit all different types of ocassion, be it a birthday or wedding through to obvious religious festivals like Easter and Christmas and even something less important like a person’s retirement or anniversary.
When writing a retirement card message you may often find it lacking something. They have a tendency to be quite boring and cliche, offering very little in the way of a touching thought or uplifting message. Retirement is a major event in a person’s life so it seems fitting that when celebrating it the least the words in a card can do are reflect how momentous it is. One of the best ways to do this is by using one or more retirement quotes. You can use lots of different types for your card, including religious, inspirational and funny retirement quotes.
Using retirement quotes gives you the chance to be a little different in your wishes and also use someone elses words that may express what you are feeling far better than you could have done so on your own. As long as you pick your quote, or quotes, well then you will make your card come alive and avoid being just another dull, forgettable greeting card.
So please use some the retirement quotes below:
- “Planning to retire? Before you do find your hidden passion, do the thing that you have always wanted to do.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “I have never liked working. To me a job is an invasion of privacy.” Danny McGoorty
- “Sit back and relax and do the things you never got a chance to do.” Julie Hebert,
- “Retirement, a time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it, and, how you want to do it.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “For retirement brings repose, and repose allows a kindly judgment of all things.” John Sharp Williams
- “Best wishes on your retirement. Enjoy a rest that’s overdue. Take pleasure in the finer things that are awaiting you.” Judith Wibberley
- “Retire from work, but not from life.” M. K. Soni “Retirement may be an ending, a closing, but it is also a new beginning.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “Working people have alot of bad habits, but the worst of these is work.” Clarence Darrow
- “RETIREMENT – now life begins.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “Retirement, a time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “When you retire, think and act as if you were still working; when you’re still working, think and act a bit as if you were already retired.”
- “Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren’t going to get rid of me that way.” – Betty White
- “Don’t think of retiring from the world until the world will be sorry that you retire.” – Samuel Johnson
- “The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.”
- “There are some who start their retirement long before they stop working.” Robert Half
- “You know that retirement is coming. It isn’t as though it just shows up one day and takes you by surprise, so you need to get ready for it.” Batya Shevich, Warren Buffett: To Be Rich And Successful Is Easy!
- “Living frugally now however, can help you start your very own retirement plan for the future.” Ricky Gomez, Frugal Living
- “The joys of retirement can be enjoyed here and now. You can pursue your passions, live your dreams and enjoy life while you are still working. Rand Bennett, Take a Mini-Retirement
- “Establishing new schedules and routines is a great way to make the transition into retirement easier and help seniors find a new path forward.” Samantha Westwood, Rise and Shine!
- “Our western European thought of retirement and pension has to be broken against all odds. Because it is a false myth that happiness comes from 65 years ‘retires’.” Ben Friedland, How to age cool
- “Think of retirement as the opposite but equally unhealthy extreme on the other side of being in a perpetual state of high stress and anxiety. Just as it’s not healthy to overwork yourself, it’s also not healthy to not work at all.” Linda Westwood, Healthy Habits Vol 3
- “Make a plan of how your future is going to look like. Make a smart investment portfolio so that you won’t have to worry about your retirement.” John McQuilkin, Insecurity
- “There is so much talk about pension funds depleting and people living longer, however, putting monies away for retirement is still a good investment.” Eunice Tawney, Getting out of Debt
- “A retirement community is best for retirees who are still able to pursue an active life.” Kathy Bishopson, Caring for Elderly Parents: A Son or Daughter’s Guide to Taking Care of Elderly Parents
When someone retires it is common for friends, co-workers and family to send a retirement card and possibly a gift. This is to wish them well for the next chapter of their life and gives them the opportunity to let them know how important they have been to them and still will be as they carry on into retirement. This is usually achieved by writing some retirement wishes, funny quotes and sayings or even religious sentiments in the retirement card.
However, it is not always easy to know the right words to use in a retirement card. Even the most skilled writers can struggle with finding the most fitting words or sentiments to express exactly how they feel towards someone they care deeply about. Do you write from the heart, stick to something more traditional, or maybe even introduce some humour? These decisions are not easy, and that’s before deciding on the actual words to use. The whole process can be far more stressful than it need be.
That is why we at SomeoneSentYouAGreeting.com have written this guide to help with knowing what to say. We have taken it upon ourselves to help relieve the stress and worry about making sure your card message is just right, and so below you will find a whole range or different retirement messages and wishes that you can either copy directly and use them as they are or as ideas and inspiration for writing your own. We’re convinced you’ll be able to find something perfect for your situation and they will make what can be a daunting task much more simple.
Retirement Card Messages:
- Congratulations on your retirement. We wish you tons of happiness in the years ahead.
- Congratulations, now the fun begins. Best wishes on your new chapter in life.
- Retirement opens the door to new opportunity. I can’t come with you in your new endeavors, but my highest hopes for your future can. Happy retirement.
- You are the kind of people that brings the best in others! Thank you for everything you did. Wishing you a life full of success and happiness!
- Having someone like you as a coworker has been no less than a gift. Wishing you a wonderful retired life ahead!! You will be missed, but never forgotten.
- Retirement isn’t all it is cracked up to be. It isn’t for us, anyway. Enjoy your well-deserved freedom and know you will be missed.
- Retirement will be a difficult time for you: no getting up with an alarm, no boring staff meetings, no watching the clock tick down those last, long minutes before quitting time. However will you manage?
- Retirement marks the culmination of a career spent achieving success in the business world and the genesis of a career in enjoying the fruits of that success. Happy retirement.
- As you retire, remember that you have left behind a legacy of encouragement, achievement and work ethic that will always be part of your coworkers. Congratulations.
- You will finally have time to ferret out that special fishing spot or to sleep through an afternoon game on TV. It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Congratulations on your retirement.
- Now that you are retiring, how will you catch up on the office gossip? I suppose we could email you updates once a week! Congratulations on your achievement!
- You have a wealth of information and experience that can never be replaced. So, if I need you, can I put you on “speed dial?” Congratulations on your retirement.
- Your retirement actually means that you got promoted to one of the best roles in your life. Congratulations
- All your life you were wondering why you tolerated an annoying boss and put up with irritating colleagues – retirement is the answer. Congratulations.
- Morning coffees will finally be what they are meant to be – relaxed and de-stressing. Happy retirement.
- Forget #ThrowbackThursday and #FlashbackFriday – now you have all the time in the world to lie on a hammock and think about the beautiful memories of your life. Congratulations on your retirement.
- Now you have no excuses for not having enough time for posting selfies with grandkids. Congratulations on retiring.
- Retirement is your chance to be true to your own self. It is an opportunity to pick up forgotten hobbies and nurture the little kid within you. After all, it’s never too late to start living the life that you have always wanted to.
- No more targets, no more goals, no more KPIs and no more meetings. All there’s left to do now is to unfurl all the happiness that life has in store. Congratulations on your retirement.
- The lights have dimmed and the cameras have stopped rolling. Life has yelled Pack Up, but there’s still time until The End. Congratulations.
- Retirement is when life gives you the greatest reward there can ever be – peace of mind. Congratulations.
- Retirement is an opportunity that life gives you to stop complaining about not having the time or chance to do what you always wanted. Congratulations.
- Retirement is the only time when you can have a life without having a job. Congratulations.
- No facades, fake smiles or charades – retirement is all about being who you are without a worry in the world. Congratulations.
- Don’t worry about setting a budget for your retirement. Just focus on setting a timelines to fulfill all your dreams. Congratulations.
- The first destination you should travel to after retirement is a beautiful, elusive island cut off from the rest of the world – it’s called Happiness. Congratulations.
- The main course of your life has been amazing. Now finish it off with a classic dessert. Wish you a happy retirement.
- Retirement is life’s way of giving you a second chance to turn over a new leaf.
- Retiring is like falling in love for the first time. Thinking about it gives you butterflies in the stomach and you will never know how it feels until you actually retire. Happy retirement.
- It’s okay to be sad about your retirement, but it is much better to be happier about the awesome days that lie ahead. Congratulations.
- Retirement is life biggest irony – you’ll get bored soon and start looking for jobs to do.
- You may have got many promotions throughout your career, but the best perks of your life star now as you spend more time with your friends and family. Congratulations on retiring.
- Don’t retire with regrets of what you couldn’t do. Retire with ambitions of what you will do now. Congratulations.
- Just because the word tire is a part of retire, it doesn’t mean you actually have to tire of life. Have an awesome retirement.
- Stock up with lots of drinks, good music and delicious food – the biggest party of your life is about to start. Happy retirement.
- The best things in life come unplanned or unexpected. So why plan for retirement? Congratulations.
- Retirement is the moment when all your favorite colleagues turn into your best friends.
- Retirement is when you finally stop listening to your boss and start listening to your heart. Congratulations.
- Retirement is life’s biggest irony. You’ve got all the free time in the world to do whatever you like, but your aging body will probably refuse to do most of those things. Have fun!
- Retirement is not about giving up, losing yourself, slowing down or feeling old. Retirement is about enjoying the longest holiday of life. Farewell.
- Your career has earned you money over the years, but now you get to cash in on all the time you’ve earned. Spend it well.
- I am happy to see you retire at just the perfect time. Actually, any time is the perfect time to retire. You are one of the hardest workers I have ever known. You deserve a great retirement, but I know you will still keep yourself busy.
- This is the beginning of the rest of your life and the rest of your life. Congratulations on your retirement.
- Best wishes for an awesome retirement. Keep working hard, but be your own boss.
- Planning for retirement is like planning your first ever date. No matter how meticulously you plan, nothing will actually happen according to plan but you’ll still love it. Congratulations.
- Life tends to give happiness in installments – the biggest and best one being right up ahead. Congratulations on retiring.
- Retirement is like turning eighteen – you can’t figure out whether you’re young or old. Congratulations.
- Thanks for everything you’ve done for your colleagues and the company. Decades of hard work have finally culminated into a beautiful feeling called retirement.
- Pre-retirement means 9 to 5 under your boss. Post-retirement means 9 to 5 under your wife. Farewell.
- People retire because they reach a certain age, but businessmen like you can retire because they’ve reached the zenith of success. Congratulations.
- Enjoy your new status as a retiree! It’s the last time you’ll need to start a new job
Don’t forget to spend a little of your extra time with us. We’re so happy for you!
I have to be honest with you. I’m a little jealous.
- Just as your work has been long and satisfying, we wish you a long and satisfying retirement.
- Congratulations on your retirement! If you get bored, you know you can call and hang out with us.
- We’ll miss you. You are one of a kind and not easily replaced.You will remembered for the things that you did here. Thanks for your years of hard work and dedication. Congratulations on your retirement.
- Retirement is the working person’s wish come true. Here’s to finally getting your wishes granted!
- You can be taken out of the workforce, but the work force can never be taken out of you. I am confident you’ll never stop working on things you love to do.
- If you found happiness or fulfillment in the workforce, then it’s likely you’ll do the same now that even more possibilities are open to you.
- We wish you health and happy days in your retirement.
- We will miss your wisdom and experience, but most of all, we will miss the encouragement you have been to us. We wish you the happiest of retirements.
- I wish you a happy retirement filled with fun and happiness.
- Retirement is the epilogue of your life. Write it well. Congratulations
- Best wishes on your retirement, may it be even better than you ever imagined.
- Retirement is like turning eighteen – you can’t figure out whether you’re young or old. Congratulations.
- Best wishes on your next adventure.
- Start listening to your heart… it’s the best gift you can give yourself when you retire. Congratulations.