Adopting a child is an incredibly generous thing to do. Giving a little boy or girl the chance to have a family and the love they need is just amazing.
If you know a couple or parent that are adopting you’ll want to find the best way to wish them congratulations. So read on for a great selection of adoption congratulations messages that are perfect for an adoption greeting card or just to say to in person.
The process of adopting can be very difficult. There’s a lot you have to go through. It can be tough. The time, the filling out of forms, jumping through hoops etc.
But in the end it’s all worth it. For both the parents and the adoptive child, the wait and hardship eventually ends in unbelievable joy.
So you’ll want to wish the happy couple congratulations on their adoption. You may even want to let the child know how happy you are for them as well. A wonderful occasion like this deserves some special words. But if you’re not sure what to write in an adoption card the use the messages and adoption wishes below for some help.
Adoption Congratulation Messages
- Congratulations on your adoption of such a lovely little boy/girl. I know how happy he/she will make you
- I know how hard it’s been for you and how much love you have to give. I’m so pleased you’ve been able to adopt. Congratulations and wishing you so much happiness
- You’re going to make such fantastic parents. Your new little one is lucky to have, and you him/her. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your new addition to your family!
- Congratulations on your adoption!
Situations like yours are exactly why adoption is such a beautiful thing
- We can’t wait to meet your new member of the family. Here’s to years of happy family life. Congratulations
- I was so excited to hear you’d adopted! What a wonderful thing to do and I know you’ll be incredible parents. Wishing you both all the best
- I am so happy for you! Congratulations on doing an amazing thing, changing a child’s life and bringing them all the love you have to give
- Those dreams of parenthood have finally come true. I’m delighted for you both. Well done!
- There should be more people in the world like you who will love their adopted child with all their hearts. I know how much joy they will bring you and how much love you will give to them
- After all the heartache and waiting you’ve finally parents. I’m so happy for you!
- We can’t wait to see your family grow over the years and you blossom into wonderful parents
- Adoption is an act of true love and selflessness. You’re a truly special couple and deserve so much happiness. Best wishes and huge congratulations!
- In a many ways it’s far easier to have a baby naturally than it is to adopt. So massive congratulations to you both! You’ve earned your new titles as mom and dad
- Today, two dreams have come true. You’ve become parents at last, and your new baby has found a family. You’re both so lucky to have each other. Congratulations
- After such a long journey we’re delighted to see you’re wishes fulfilled. Make sure you spoil that new baby rotten!
- I know how much you’ve longed to become a parent, and all those months and years must have been so hard. But you can rejoice now as your dreams have come true. Shower that little boy/girl with all the love in the world!
- We’re dying to see the new bundle of joy! As grandparents we know we only have one job – to spend all our time spilling him/her!
- Your new child has been given a life it would never have thought possible. I’m so pleased for you both!
- The warmth and love of a family is such an amazing thing, and to give a child that is unbelievable. Congrats
- Congratulations! If there’s anything we can do to help just ask. We know how daunting it must be at first. But you’ll make great parents.
Religious Adoption Congratulations
- God has a special plan for your new child. And he/she will be blessed by the Christian family that he/she now belongs
- God bless you and that little baby of yours. The love of God will guide you on this new journey as parents
- God has blessed you with a family and granted you the chance to love someone with all your heart
- Your enthusiasm to adopt reminds me of the enthusiasm that God has to adopt all of us sinners through the powerful grace and sacrifice of Jesus. Now we can all be adopted children of God. Congratulations
- Adoption is a beautiful and amazing experience. I am so happy to see your prayers for a child answered
- Your new little girl/boy will be in our prayers as you settle into parenthood. Never forget how blessed you are
- Your child is truly blessed to have been adopted by two parents as loving as you both
- May God bless you for your obedience and willingness to be Godly parents. May His hand guide you in wisdom and strength to do the job well
- We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.
But those who make their journey home across time & miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us
by God’s very own hands
- Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises – Romans 9:4
- I prayed for this child, and the Lord had granted me what I asked of him – Samuel 1:27
- In you the orphan finds mercy – Hosea 14:3
- Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress – James 1:27
- Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me – Matthew 18:5
- Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true, there is life and joy – Proverbs 13: 12
- Father to the fatherless defender of widows – this is God, whose dwelling is hold. Got sets the lonely in families – Psalms 68:5-6
- Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless and see that they get justice – Proverbs 31:8-9
As you lay sleeping far away as still as you could be…
How could you know the joy today this photo brings to me?
A few short weeks and you’ll be mine, and “I” will soon be “We”.
How could you know the love I feel? It’s something you can’t see.
So have sweet dreams, my precious babe. Sleep well and tenderly.
Some say that you’re the lucky one. How could you know it’s me.
I didn’t give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn’t give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you
Natural Child: Any child who is not artificial.
Real Parent: Any parent who is not imaginary.
Your Own Child: Any child who is not someone else’s child.
Adopted Child: A natural child, with a real parent, who is all my own
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.