How do you wish someone a safe flight? What can you say instead of ‘have a safe flight’?
Sometimes you might want to say something a bit more interesting. There’s nothing wrong with with ‘have a safe flight’ but it’s a little overused and can seem a bit impersonal.
And it’s important to find the right words when you’re saying goodbye or farewell to someone leaving. You might not be seeing them again for a long time, so you want your final words to be memorable and meaningful.
So use this selection of have a safe flight wishes and messages to wish a friend, family member or even acquaintance a safe flight as they jet off.
Short Have a Safe Flight Messages
If you want a very quick way to wish someone a safe flight these examples should be ideal.
- Enjoy your flight!
- Bon voyage and travel safely.
- Have a safe flight.
- Hope your flight is all good!
- Fly safe!
- Stay safe on your journey.
- May your flight be calm and easy.
- Praying for a good flight.
- I hope your flight passes without incident.
- Hoping you get there safely.
- Enjoy a relaxing getaway and safe flight.
- Hope you get a good pilot!
- Best wishes for your safe flight.
- May you be safe in the sky!
- Travel safely!
Traditional Ways to Say Have a Safe Flight
- I hope you have a very smooth flight.
- Wishing you a tranquil and enjoyable journey.
- May your flight be comfortable and without delays.
- Take care on your flight.
- Looking forward to seeing you when you land.
- We are going to miss you! Have a wonderful flight and vacation.
- Good luck with your flight and have a brilliant vacation.
- Bon voyage and don’t forget to let us know when you land! We want to make sure you got there in one piece!
- May you be blessed with a safe flight.
- Enjoy your trip and have a great flight.
- I hope you get there safely and can start enjoying your trip as soon as possible.
- Take care and have a safe journey.
- Hoping your flight goes well.
- Wishing you safe and fun travels.
- May your flight be quick and calm with no delays.
Fly Safe Wishes for Friends
These safe flight wishes are specifically for friends who are flying somewhere and you want to wish them all the best.
- Safe travelling buddy! Hope you have an amazing time.
- Wishing you a stress free flight flight with no turbulence! (I know how much you hate it!).
- I’m going to really miss you! Have a good (and safe!) flight.
- Not going to lie – I’m so jealous! Enjoy your break and I hope your flight is a good one.
- Cheers pal, I’ll miss you but wishing you an amazing trip and safe travels.
- Here’s to your flight passing quickly and without events. Bon voyage!
- You deserve a break after working so hard. Have a safe journey and uneventful flight.
- See you in a weeks time! Be safe, fly well and take care.
- Wishing you a swift and calm flight, my friend!
- Thinking of you as you jet off – enjoy yourself and have a safe flight!
Funny Have a Safe Flight Messages
If you want a funny way to say have a safe flight then these amusing messages and wishes are perfect for putting a smile on someone’s face before they head off.
- That plane is lucky to have you in it! Wait, that doesn’t sound right…
- Here’s hoping your flight is better than the airplane food!
- Have a very safe flight, enjoy your time away and don’t come back without bringing me something!
- Man, I need a vacation too.. do you think I could fit in your suitcase? Have a safe flight!
- Have a good flight, one that is safe but most of all quick – you want to get started on your vacation as fast as possible, right?
- May you soar gracefully, glide on the winds and frolic on the clouds… or, y’know, just have a safe flight.
- Smooth flights means no frights!
- I don’t know why people wish each other a safe flight, it’s not like they’re the pilot or can do anything about it. Still – have a safe flight!
- The safest way for you to fly is by ordering an awful lot of alcohol and spending most of it passed out!
- Just think, if the worse happens it’s a only short trip to heaven! Have a fun flight!
Have a Safe Flight Quotes
There have been any famous quotes about travel and flying. Here’s just a few of our favorites.
- “The world is waiting for you. Good Luck. Travel Safe. Go!” – Phil Keoghan
- “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.” – Mark Twain
- “And the purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “There [is] nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
- “May angels fly with you wherever you roam and guide you back safely to family and home.” – Traditional Irish blessing
- “There is nothing safer than flying. It’s crashing that’s dangerous.” – Theo Cowan
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
- “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” – Roman Payne
How to Say ‘Have a Safe Flight Back Home’
Use these messages to say “have a safe journey” to a loved one or family member who you is taking a flight.
- I’m going to miss you loads! I’ll be thinking of you as you take off and all the way until you touch down again on your return flight.
- You haven’t even taken off I’m missing you! Travel safe and don’t forget to check in with me.
- It doesn’t matter how far apart we are you will always be in my heart. Have a wonderful time and safe flight.
- The first thing you will see when you get home is me waiting for you at the airport. See you soon and stay safe!
- Try not to forget about me while you’re off jetting around the world! Have a blast and travel safely.
- Wishing you an incredible trip that you remember forever. I just hope it begins with a very forgettable flight!
- Big hugs before your flight. I can’t believe I’m not going to see you for weeks. Be safe though and have a great time.
- I can’t wait to hear about all your exciting adventures when you get back. Have a safe journey.
- Travel far and wide my love but please fly back safely to me.
- It doesn’t matter how far you are from home or how many miles away you’ve traveled, you will always be with us. Journey well and be safe.
Reassuring Fly Safe Messages
If someone you know is an anxious flyer then use these wishes to reassure them as well as saying good luck for the flight.
- Always remember: flying is the safest mode of transport! So I don’t need to wish you a safe flight because it already is!
- Your flight is short – it’ll only be a few hours until you’re home. So try to enjoy it. And if you need to you can always have a few stiff drinks to give you courage!
- I’m sure your flight will be smooth and more importantly over very quickly! Enjoy yourself.
- Trust me, your flight will be fine, I promise. You’ll get there in one piece and have a wonderful break. Looking forward to seeing you when you get back.
- Don’t fret, it’s only a few hours and then you can enjoy your trip away. Be safe and relax.
- Car? Boat? No! A plane is wayyy safer! So you can fly off without being worried.
- You will be fine, but if not then don’t forget about your good friend alcohol. He makes everything better! Fly safe and see you very soon.
- Here’s to a smooth journey with nothing to upset you. I know it’ll all be fine, just focus on all the fun you’re going to have when you get there.
- You’re going to have a completely safe and very comfortable flight! You will be safely landing in no time.
- Safe travels to you. And when I safe “safe” I guarantee that’s what it will be.
We hope these have a safe flight messages and alternatives have helped you to find the best way to wish someone a safe flight. Let your friends or family know how much you’ll miss them with a touching farewell before they take off on their plane.
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.