A baby shower is often overlooked as a special occasion that gives the chance to celebrate what will be a momentous and life changing event for the soon-to-be mom. Getting to enjoy that moment and commemorate it with family and friends is a big part of the pregnancy process and one future moms will want to really revel in. As the name ‘Baby Shower’ comes from the showering of love and attention to the future mom, and with that comes gifts and cards, you may be required to write on a card or in person give baby shower wishes to the mom.
If you are sending a card, or a gift with a card, then you will want to write a message or sentiment inside, maybe congratulating or just wishing them well. But the correct words aren’t always easy to come by. If you’re worried about what to say or are struggling then follow this guide to writing the perfect baby shower wishes and messages. You’ll find a quick rundown of how to write your own message or wishes as well as a whole host of example messages for different circumstances and relationships.
Table of Contents
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card
If you prefer to write your own baby shower card instead of using a pre written example (see below for those) then there are some ideas you can follow to make sure you get the perfect and most fitting message.
- Begin by greeting the mom-to-be. Something simple like “Dear _____” is perfectly fine. Sometimes couples hold a baby shower together so if that’s the case then address both parts of the couple rather than just the mom.
- Next you will want to congratulate or wish them well on their pregnancy. Something a simple as “wishing you all the best with your pregnancy”
- You can either leave it at that or add an extra, more personal line. This allows you to maybe remember an anecdote, possibly a joke, or just expand a bit further on their upcoming motherhood – “We’re so excited for you and can’t wait to finally meet the little arrival!”
- Finally finish by signing the card, either from you or your partner/family as well – “lots of love ______”
However you can use the pre written examples below and copy them directly into your card if you prefer.
Baby Shower Message Examples
These are a selection of messages and wishes that are perfect for a card. You can edit and change them so they fit your own situation, adding in names where appropriate, or just use them exactly as they are.
- Congratulations on the upcoming arrival! Wishing you all the best
- Best Wishes on a happy and healthy pregnancy
- May the new arrival bring you untold joy and happiness
- A new baby is a blessing! Congratulations
- We couldn’t be more excited for both you and your new child.
- Parenthood is one of the most incredible journeys you will go on – enjoy every second of it!
- We wish you all the love that a new addition to the family brings
- We’re so excited to meet the new bundle of joy! Let us know the first opportunity to come round
- You’re going to make such a brilliant mom! Congratulations
- A new baby will fill your life with unparalleled joy, lighting up your world. Congratulations
- Wishing you and your baby love, laughter, sunshine, and happiness.
Baby Shower Quotes
A quote can be the perfect way to wish a mom-to-be congratulations. Famous quotations said by well known names can help if you’re struggling with what to say, and are often more profound or touching than anything you could think up yourself.
- “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.“-Tina Brown
- “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.”-Barretto
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”-Eda J. Le Shan
- “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”-Elizabeth Stone
- “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.”-Barretto
- “When your first baby drops her pacifier you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog, “Fetch!”-Bruce Lansky
- “What is home without children? Quiet.”-Henny Youngman
- “From there to here from here to there, baby things are everywhere!”-Dr Seuss
If the mom-to-be is religious then you can make your message reflect this. However if the family isn’t or you’re unsure how they might react to a religious wish then steer clear. You don’t want to end up offending them over something like this.
- Congratulations on the birth of your baby. we are excited God has blessed you with a new family member.
- Of all the blessings God sends from above, the one most precious is a new baby to love!
- A little bit of heaven, just came down to earth: Every time a baby is born, God smiles, the angels dance and a new star of hope lights up the skies
- May the baby God has sent to you, to have, to hold and love, be guided by your gentle hands and blessed by him above
- A blessing from heaven becomes your miracle on earth. God is good!
- Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility.
- The lord performs miracles everyday and your child is another of those
- May your child know the vast love of our heavenly Father through you.
- May your faith grow as your little one grows.
- “Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” -Psalm 127:3 NLT
Wishes for the Baby
You can actually address the card to the baby itself. This can be touching and sweet, as well as a nice memento for both parents and the baby to look back on when they are grown up.
- We’re sure you’re going to grow up to be just as kind and thoughtful as your parents are
- I know you’ll grow up to have your moms amazing smile and dads kind eyes.
- You’re going to grow into a amazing young man, ready to take on the world.
- You’ve been blessed with two incredible parents. Don’t be too naughty!
You can include a joke or funny message if you feel it’s appropriate. Putting a smile on the moms face during a happy but stressful time could be just what she needs!
- When you’re choosing names for your baby, don’t forget about the important people in your life, like me.
- Here’s to 18 years of pulling out your hair, putting out fires and fixing scraped knees. Here’s to babysitters!
- Hello, Baby! Goodbye, Sleep!
- Babies are like a math equation. They’re an addition to the household, they subtract your time you use to sleep, and they divide you patience in half! Good thing they add a whole lot of love. Congrats!
- Parenthood: the scariest hood you’ll ever go through.
- Congrats…you now live in a madhouse run by a tiny army you created yourself.
- Raising kids is a walk in the park. Jurassic Park that is.
- Hitting the bottle is going to take on a whole new meaning.
- Welcome to parenthood where going to the grocery store by yourself is now considered a vacation.
We hope the examples provided here will help you choose the perfect words to say to an expectant mom. Remember to be upbeat, positive and congratulate her in your baby shower wishes. Above all – speak from the heart.