After Christmas one thing we all end up doing is sending our thanks. That might be a thank you card, note, email or just in person.
We say thank you for the gifts and cards we received at Christmas. People are generous and often give lovely presents or send touching Christmas cards.
So you need the perfect Christmas thank you message to let them know how much you appreciate it.
But what do you say in a Christmas thank you card? How do you express your gratitude for the lovely gesture someone has made.
Well if you’re struggling then the example Christmas thank you messages below should help you find the words to show your appreciation.
Christmas Thank You Messages
- Thank you for taking the time to think of me over the holidays. I feel very lucky to have someone as amazing as you in my life.
- I was touched by the Christmas card and gift you sent me. It was so generous and thoughtful and made my Christmas that little bit more special.
- I was like a kid this year with all the wonderful gifts and presents I received. Thank you for your kindness and for thinking of me.
- Choosing such a thoughtful and touching gift shows just how much you care. I am very grateful and appreciate both the thought and the fact I have you as a friend. Thank you and have a happy new year!
- I can always rely on you to bring a huge dose of Christmas spirit and cheer! Thank you for being such a positive and happy influence at Christmas and in my life.
- Thank you for the brilliant gift. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and enjoyed all the festivities.
- This is just a Christmas thank you to say how much I treasure your friendship. You’re amazing! Thank you for always being there for me. Happy Christmas.
- Just sending a quick note to say how much I appreciated the effort you put into my gift this Christmas. It really showed that you’d spent a lot of time on it and I was really thrilled. Thank you!
- Thank you for the lovely Christmas card and greeting you sent me. It was great to hear from you and really put a smile on my face.
READ MORE: Thank You Messages for Gifts you Received
Thank You Messages for a Christmas Gift
- Sending my thanks for the lovely gift you gave me this Christmas.
- Thank you for such a wonderful Christmas present! It was exactly what I wanted. You made my holidays extra special.
- I’m very grateful for the gift you gave me this Christmas. It was so unexpected but I love it! Thank you for your generosity.
- You really shouldn’t have got me anything! But thank you for thinking of me, it was very sweet.
- Thank you so much for the spa-day gift card! After the last few months I really need a break. So your gift is just perfect and I will enjoy it immensely.
- Thank you, the book you gave me was just what I wanted. I will probably read it all in one day! Thanks again.
- I was delighted with my gift, thank you! You really made my Christmas.
- My Christmas was made all the more special by receiving your present. Thank you, it was lovely.
- We agreed we weren’t going to give each other presents this year! I knew you’d do it anyway! Thank you though, it was a really touching gesture and I am even so grateful.
- Your kindness and generosity are unlike anyone else. You went out of your way to get my the best Christmas present you could and I will be forever grateful. Thank you.
READ MORE: What to Write in a Thank You Card for Money
Thank You for a Gift From Boss
- Thank you for thinking of me. Have a great Christmas and I’ll see you back at work in the New Year.
- I just wanted to send a quick thank you for my Christmas gift. It was a lovely gesture and one I really appreciate.
- Thank you for the gift. Working for you is a real pleasure. I’m sure we will have an even better year.
- Sending my thanks for the very thoughtful gift you sent me. Wishing you a happy new year.
- With thanks for the gift and for thinking of me this Christmas. Have a great new year.
Thank You for a Gift you Didn’t Like
- Thank you for the gift, it was very sweet of you to think of me!
- Thanks for the gift! Hoping you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
- It was such a surprise to receive your gift! You really didn’t need to but it was a lovely gesture. Thank you so much.
- It’s always so nice to know others have thought of you. Thank you for the gift!
- Thank you for my gift. It really made my Christmas. Have a happy new year.
Thank You Messages for Christmas Party
- Thanks for inviting me to your Christmas party! It was a blast and I had such a good time.
- Your Christmas party was so much fun. I’m so pleased I came and really glad you invited me. Thanks!
- Thank you for hosting and inviting me to such a great party. It really got me in the festive spirit.
- What a fabulous party! It was a great way to celebrate Christmas! I can’t thank you enough for inviting me.
- Thank you for throwing and inviting me to the best Christmas party I’ve ever been to.
- You really are the hostess with the mostest! Congratulations on a wonderful Christmas party and thank you for having me.
- You throw an awesome party! Thanks for having me and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- I had a sore head the morning after your party! It was worth it though! Thanks for having me, I really enjoyed myself (maybe a bit too much!)
READ MORE: How to Write a Thank You Note for Friends
Thank You Messages for Attending a Christmas Party
- Thank you for coming to my Christmas party! It meant the world to have you there. May your holiday season be great.
- It was a joy having you round for our party. It wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun without you there. Merry Christmas.
- Thanks for attending our Christmas party. I hope you had a good time and enjoy the rest of the holidays.
- Thank you for helping us get in the festive spirit by being at our party.
- We were honored to have you attend our party. May the Christmas spirit be with you throughout the holidays.
We hope these Christmas thank you messages have showed you how to say thank you to friends, family, colleagues and more for gifts you receive, parties you attended and more.
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.