What would you say to someone who has reached their 100th birthday? What would you say to wish them a happy 100th birthday? How do you celebrate such a huge milestone?
It’s not that long ago that life expectancy was around 50 years old. Big today it’s over 80 years old. So it’s far more likely you’re going to encounter or know someone reaching their 100th birthday.
But what you say to someone who is celebrating a 100th birthday isn’t easy. How do you find the words to do justice to such a massive achievement.
Well if you’re not sure what to say then use these 100th birthday wishes and messages to help you find the words to wish someone a very happy 100th birthday.
Table of Contents
100th Birthday Wishes
These messages are perfect to wish someone a happy 100th birthday. If you want more specific messages and wishes for friends and family members then scroll further down.
- Wishing you a very happy 100th birthday! Here’s to many more healthy years.
- Congratulations on reaching such an amazing milestone! I’m looking forward to wishing you a happy 200th birthday!
- You are such an inspiration and 100 years is incredible. Have a lovely day.
- 100 years is an astonishing achievement and you should be very proud. Congratulations and happy birthday.
- You have lived an amazing life and we are so grateful that we have you as part of ours. Happy 100th birthday.
- You have set a wonderful example for us all. Congratulations on your 100th birthday.
- May this special day be all you dreamed of and filled with friends, family and lots of love and laughter.
- On your 100th birthday I’m wishing you so much love and happiness. Enjoy your special day!
- To a truly remarkable person – happy 100th birthday! I only hope I can be like you.
- With loving wishes for your 100th birthday. It is a phenomenal achievement and you deserve everything you get today.
SEE MORE: What to Write in a Birthday Card
If it’s your moms 100th birthday you will want to show her how much she means to you. You can express that with one of these touching messages.
- Happy 100th birthday, mom. You are my idol and I am so grateful for everything you have done for me.
- I am lucky to have the most amazing mom in the world. On your 100th birthday I wanted to let you know how I love you more than these few words could hope to say.
- No one could ask for a better mom than you. Have a fantastic 100th birthday!
- Mom, as you celebrate your 100th birthday I wanted to wish you all the best and say how proud of you I am.
- May your 100th birthday be filled with happiness and laughter. Congratulations, mom!
- May today be as special as you are to me. Happy 100th birthday to the best mother ever.
- I have been blessed with a mother as wonderful as you. Congratulations mom and happy birthday.
- Wishing you good health and good times on your 100th birthday mom!
- May today bring you joy and lovely memories, mom. Happy 100th birthday.
- I can’t say how happy I am to see you reach 100 years old mom. Congratulations and enjoy your big birthday.
SEE MORE: Happy 70th Birthday Wishes
Just like with your mom you will want to show your dad all he means to you. Especially on his 100th birthday. These example messages should help you say how you feel.
- Happy birthday, dad! 100 years is truly amazing and here’s to 100 more!
- Happy birthday to the most incredible dad. You have done so much for me, I can’t say how much I appreciate you.
- Thank you for all you’ve done for me dad. You have been my rock. Happy 100th birthday.
- I am so lucky to have a father like you. I have learned so much from you and will forever treasure all those happy memories we’ve made together. Happy birthday.
- The example you set for me and the appetite for life you have has been such an inspiration. 100 years is a long time but won’t ever be long enough. Happy birthday, dad.
- There isn’t a day that passes where I don’t think about you and how lucky I am to have had you as my dad. Have a wonderful birthday.
- Your wisdom has helped me learn and your patience helped me grow. Happy 100th birthday, pop.
- I don’t know where I would be without you, dad. I’m so fortunate to have you. Happy 100th birthday!
- You have earned such a big celebration, dad! 100 years is truly astounding and I’m so happy for you.
- Congratulations dad – 100 years old and still going strong. Enjoy a wonderful birthday.
SEE MORE: Happy 80th Birthday Wishes
A grandparent turning 100 is not that uncommon. So if it’s your grandmother then you can tell her how much she has meant to you and the impact she has had on your life.
- You’ve brought me so much guidance and wisdom, gran. I couldn’t be any luckier to have someone like you in my life. Have a very happy 100th birthday.
- To the best grandmother anyone could have – may you have lots more happy birthdays to come.
- You have had such an influence on my life, grandma. I do my best to be just like you in so many ways. Thank you for the example you’ve always set. Have a happy 100th birthday.
- You have brought happiness and love to all our lives. Thank you grandma and have a great birthday.
- Happy 100th birthday from your favorite grandchild!
SEE MORE: Happy 90th Birthday Wishes
Similar to you grandmother a grandfather gives his wisdom and guidance to help you grow. So make the effort to show your grandfather how much you appreciate all he has done for you on his birthday.
- Having a grandpa as amazing as you is a blessing. I shall always be grateful. Here’s to 100 more years!
- You’ve led a life that inspires and guides me in my own. As you are turning 100 I wanted to let you know how much I love you. Happy birthday.
- 100 years old is amazing. You’ve still got the spirit and drive as someone so much younger. Have a super day.
- I hope your 100th birthday is just another milestone in a truly unbelievable life that you have had. Wishing you a wonderful birthday.
- I am delighted to get to wish you a happy 100th birthday grandpa. Enjoy a memorable and fun day.
For a Friend
A friend turning 100 is a cause for celebration. So use these messages to offer your congratulations and enjoy the big day with them.
- Happy birthday my friend! I’m happy to say 100 is the new 70 and you are the perfect example of it!
- Your life has been truly remarkable and this is just another chapter in it. Happy 100th birthday my friend
- You deserve to enjoy the amazing achievement of reaching 100 and feel content with a wonderful life. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to someone I’m glad to call my friend but who has been annoying me for many years? After 100 years you might have thought you would start to act your age!
- Happy 100th birthday to the youngest 100 year old I have ever met!
- I feel very lucky to gave a friend like you. I hope that your birthday is a blessing and you have good health and many more years ahead of you. Many happy returns
- When you look back on 100 years you will can be happy knowing you created some special memories and lived a wonderful life. Enjoy your birthday.
- You may be getting older but you have retained your youthful spirit. A massive 100th happy birthday and may you enjoy even more of the gift of life.
- Don’t count your age by years, count it by friends. Don’t count your days by tears, count it by smiles. Wishing you a lovely 100th birthday
- Happy birthday and here’s to another 10 or 20 more years!
Funny 100th Birthday Quotes
Enjoying a joke and laugh with someone on their birthday is a great way to celebrate it. The following messages are sure to put a smile on whoever’s birthday it is.
- At 100 years old I don’t think you can afford to waste time reading a long birthday card message, so I’ll be brief – you’re awesome!
- I’m not saying that you’re old… but your candles did cost more than your birthday cake!
- Congratulations on your 100th birthday! You’ve now reached the age where you can tell people ‘I’m not old, I’m vintage!’
- By age 100 you’ve had so many experiences that if there is something to learn, you have learnt it. The key now is trying to remember it all!
- Happy 100th birthday! You’ve officially reached the age where you can get away with saying anything you want… because nobody can hear you over your dentures!
- If things really do get better with age, then you’re approaching perfection!
- I was thinking how funny it would be to watch you try and blow out 100 candles. But I thought I’d be nice and give you a pass. Having successfully endured 100 years you’ve earned it!
- It’s a good thing you’ve had 100 years to develop your sense of humor because I’m relying on you to say something funny.
100th Birthday Inspirational Quotes
Using an inspiring quote or message works well as a 100th birthday greeting too. There have been some famous sand well known quotes regarding birthdays and getting older.
- “You don’t get older, you get better” – Shirley Bassey
- One hundred years may be a long time but you have lived every moment to the fullest. Congratulations on reaching an amazing milestone.
- You have lived a full, rich and meaningful life. Your wisdom and experience are a blessing all of us and we are so proud of. Happy 100th birthday!
- “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter” – Satchel Paige
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years” – Ausonius
- “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well” – Voltaire
- You have accomplished so much in your life. And as each year passes you continue to be a shining example of what it means to live a with purpose and meaning.
100th Birthday Poems
A poem is a great way to wish someone a happy birthday in a special way. You can use a shorter poem or verse to fit in a birthday card. So use these 100th birthday poems to say happy bday in a different way.
100 years of memories,
A life filled with love,
You’ve touched so many lives,
Like a star from up above.
On your 100th birthday,
We celebrate you,
A truly special person,
With a heart so true.
May your day be filled,
With all the things you love,
And may you continue,
To be blessed from above.
Happy 100th birthday,
We love you more than we can say,
Here’s to many more years,
Of happiness coming your way.
You look so much younger
Than the age you are today
But now you ‘ve reached this wonderful age
Enjoy your special day
Happy 100th Birthday
Hopefully the example wishes and wording ideas you’ve found here will have helped you to get the perfect message. Now all you’ve guy to do is to wish them a very happy 100th birthday!
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.