A 90th birthday is such a huge deal! Reaching 90 years of age is amazing. To think of the experiences and life that someone has lead over 90 years is truly incredible.
So when someone gets to 90 it’s important to mark that special day. You can’t let a big deal like a 90th birthday pass by without celebrating it.
That might mean a party, gift or birthday card. But what do you say to someone who has turned 90?
If you’re struggling then we’ve compiled this list of the best 90th birthday wishes and messages. You can edit or change them to fit your circumstances or keep them as they are.
90th Birthday Wishes
These messages are ideal for wishing anyone a happy 90th birthday. For more specific messages for family members or friends then there are more if you carry on scrolling.
- Congratulations on your 90th birthday! It’s such an amazing achievement
- I know everyone is inspired by you and the life you have lead. Wishing you many more years!
- Sending my best wishes for a wonderful 90th birthday!
- I hope you enjoy your special day and are looking forward to many more in the future!
- You’ve been an inspiration and example for me throughout your life and as you reach 90 years of age I am thrilled to be able to wish you a very happy birthday
- You might be turning 90 today but you barely look a year over 70! Happy birthday!
- I really I hope I look as good as you when I hit 90! Congratulations and happy birthday
- Never lose that phenomenal spirit and drive you have. That’s what’s got you this far! Have a really great day
- There are those that attempt to teach through long speeches, but you have demonstrated your lessons in life simply by living yours over the last 90 years. Happy Birthday
- Wisdom may not be measure in years but the wisdom you’ve amassed in 90 years is second to none
SEE MORE: What to Write in a Birthday Card
If it’s your moms 90th birthday you no doubt want to let her know just what she means to you. Express those feelings and show her how much you need her with a touching message.
- You have made my world so amazing, mom. I am so grateful for having you in my life. Thank you for everyone you’ve done. Happy 90th birthday
- To my amazing mom – you are one of the most inspiring and truly special people in the entire world. I hope you have a fantastic 90th birthday
- Wishing you years more of happiness and love, mom. You deserve it! Happy birthday my dear mother
- I have so many special memories and they are all because of you. I treasure every moment I get to spend with you mom. Thank you and have a very happy 90th birthday
- You have achieved so much in your 90 years, mom. We are also lucky to have you in our lives. Enjoy your special day
SEE MORE: Happy 70th Birthday Wishes
As with your mom it’s important to show your dad what he means you and the influence he has had on your life. The messages below will help you to let him know how you feel.
- I feel so lucky to have had a father like you. You have taught me so much and I treasure the lessons and memories I have of our time together. Happy Birthday
- On your 90th birthday I wanted to say how much I’m grateful for all you’ve done for me. I don’t know where I would be without you. I love you, Dad!
- Thank you, Dad, for just everything. A day doesn’t go by when I don’t think of you and how fortunate I’ve been to face a father like you. Have a wonderful birthday.
- Your example and the way you have loved your life has inspired and taught me so much. 90 years may seem like a long time but if I could I would have a 90 more with you in my life, dad.
- I’ve learnt so much but will continue to do so. You’re so fountain of knowledge and wisdom and I am lucky to have you. Happy birthday pop.
SEE MORE: Happy 80th Birthday Wishes
There’s a good chance one of your grandparents is the person turning 90. If it’s your grandma it’s a good idea to talk about how much you value her and treasure the influence she has had on your life.
- A happy 90th birthday from your favorite grandchild!
- You’ve brought such wisdom and guidance to my life, gran. I feel blessed to have you and hope you have a very happy birthday
- Your influence and the standard you have set over 90 years is one I try every day to meet. I haven’t got there yet but do all I can to be just like you. Have a happy birthday grandma
- Never forget the joy and happiness you have brought to the lives of so many others. I love you gran, happy birthday
- To my brilliant grandmother – may you have many more happy birthdays to come
Like your grandmother, grandfathers offer support and guidance when you need them most. So let your grandad know how much you appreciate him on his 90th birthday.
- 90 years old might be getting on a bit now but you’re just as young at heart as you ever were! Have a wonderful day!
- I’m forever thankful that I have a grandpa as amazing as you. Here’s to 90 more years!
- I can’t wait to wish you a happy birthday on your 100th, and am looking forward to all the years in between!
- You have lead a truly amazing life and as you turn 90 I want to say just how much I love you. Happy birthday
- I hope your 90th birthday is but another milestone in your extraordinary life. Wishing you my love and health
For a Friend
When a friend is turning 90 years old you will want to offer your congratulations on reaching a huge milestone. Use these messages to really enjoy and celebrate with them.
- 90 years may be a very long time but you’ve still got many new chapters to write in the story of your life. Happy birthday and here’s to the next 10, 20 or more years to come!
- You have an amazing legacy you will leave behind after such a remarkable life. Congratulations and happy 90th birthday my friend
- Happy 90th birthday! You are the perfect example of 90 being the new 70!
- I am lucky to have a friend like you as part of my life. I hope your are blessed with good health and happiness for many more years to come. Many happy returns
- I hope you can look back on your 90th birthday with joy and satisfaction. It’s an amazing achievement. Happy birthday
- I know that when you look back on your 90 years you will have so many happy and wonderful memories. Enjoy your birthday
- Happy birthday to a constant pain in my neck! After 90 years you’d think you would start acting your age!
- Although time catches up with all of us we can still retain our youthful spirit. Happy 90th birthday and may you continue to enjoy the gift called life
- Happy 90th birthday to the youngest 90 year old I have ever met!
- Count your days by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years. Wishing you a joy-filled 90th birthday!
Funny 90th Birthday Quotes
Having a laugh and joke with someone on their birthday is a classic way to congratulate them. So use one of the funny messages below if you prefer something a little cheeky or risqué.
- If things really do get better with age, then you’re approaching perfection!
- It seems like you were in your 80’s just yesterday! Oh wait, you were.
- I was just thinking how funny it would be to watch you try and blow out 90 candles, but I decided to give you a pass. Having successfully endured 90 years you’ve earned it!
- At your age, you no longer want to hear, “You look good for your age.” That’s not saying much at 90!
- You’ve had so many experiences that if there is something to learn, you have learnt it. The key now is trying to remember it all!
- It’s a good thing you’ve had 90 years to develop your sense of humor because I’m relying on you to say something funny.
- At 90 years old I’m sure you can’t afford to waste time reading a long card message so I’ll be brief – you’re awesome!
- I’m not saying that you’re old… but your candles cost more than your birthday cake!
90th Birthday Inspirational Quotes
An inspiring quote is another great way to send someone a few words to say happy birthday on their 90th. Many famous people have spoken about birthdays and ageing and using one of their quotes can make for a good birthday card message.
- “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter” – Satchel Paige
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate” – Oprah Winfrey
- “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well” – Voltaire
- “You don’t get older, you get better” – Shirley Bassey
- “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years” – Ausonius
90th Birthday Poems
A poem is a lovely way to wish someone a happy birthday. Not all poems have to be long verses and many will comfortable go in a card. Use these 90th birthday poems for a way to say happy birthday a little differently.
- May you enjoy the summer sunshine
And butterflies in flight
The joy of simple things
The moon and stars at night
Your spirit is like a new day
Adorned with morning dew
And so this message comes
With a birthday wish for you
Happy 90th Birthday
- You’re bones start to creak and you can’t quite see,
But despite your age, you’re always there for me.
You may be 90, but to me,
You will always be my best friend, don’t you see?
- Today is your birthday it’s finally here, some joy we shall bring you along with good cheer.
You’ve lived a good life we see that indeed.
We want you to know that we adore you so and we hope that your birthday is the best one yet.
Happy 90th birthday
- On this 90th birthday of yours
its a special time to say
your loved and thought about,
each and every day.
Happy birthday and may all of your desires come true.
Hopefully these example wishes and wording ideas will have helped you to get the perfect message. All you have to do now is to wish whoever it is a very happy 90th birthday!
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.
1 thought on “Happy 90th Birthday: 57 Wishes, Messages & Poems”