Your sister retiring is such a wonderful time. Whenever a family member reaches the huge milestone that is their retirement it is a cause for celebration.
And when it’s your sister, someone so close to you, it’s even more special.
But knowing what you say to your sister when she retires can be difficult. Finding the right words to let her know how happy you are for her may not come that easy to you.
So if you’re struggling with coming up with a sister retirement message then use these example retirement wishes to help you really show your sister how pleased for her you are.
Retirement Wishes for Sister
- Congratulations sis! You more than anyone deserve a long retirement. Enjoy!
- Happy retirement, sis. Wishing you all the best for the future and lots of long lie-ins!
- To my big sister – I hope you enjoy your retirement and use it as the opportunity to do all those things you’ve been planning. Have fun!
- You’ve worked extremely hard and this is the reward for it. Take it easy and relax now. Enjoy your deserved retirement
- The whole family is wishing you a very long and happy retirement. After an impressive career you can enjoy a lovely long break and do everything you’ve wanted to but haven’t had the time. Congratulations, sis
- Hapy retirement to you sis, and wishing lots of love and happiness as you begin this exciting new phase of your life
- Sending my best wishes to you for your retirement. May your golden years be the most fun of your life!
- You have always given your all throughout your career and now you get the chance to kick back and relax. Enjoy your retirement, sis!
- There are few people who have worked harder than you have sis. That’s why as you retire I wanted to reach out and wish you all the best for the future. Congratulations
- Big retirement hugs to you sis. Enjoy your days of doing nothing and the long lie-ins you can look forward to. Retirement sounds pretty good, doesn’t it!
Retirement Messages for Sister
- Best wishes to my sister on your retirement day! Let’s celebrate all the amazing new things you can look forward to!
- I think the best thing about retiring is getting to spend more time with your brother, don’t you think? Happy retirement, sis!
- We’ve always had each other’s backs and as you retire I wanted you to know I will always be looking out for you. Enjoy your well earned rest sis
- Happy retirement and congratulations to my sister. You rock! Make use of your free time with all the things you love the most
- Dear sis, I really hope you get to enjoy your retired years. Try to fit in as much fun as you can and revel in all your free time. Congratulations
- Wishing you a retirement filled with all the wonderful dreams you’ve only been able to imagine. With so much freedom you can now make those dreams a reality. Enjoy yourself, sis!
- I’m not going to lie – I’m a little jealous of you! But I do hope you enjoy every second of your retirement sis and we get to see a lot more of one another
- Here’s to a fantastic retirement for you, sis. I’ll be looking forward to spending much more time with you
- Best wishes and big hugs to my amazing sister as you begin the exciting new chapter of your life. May your retirement be the start of the most fabulous period in your life
- Have fun now you’re retired, sis! You have worked harder than anyone I know so I really hope you get to enjoy all your free time
- Happy retirement to my beloved sister in law. Enjoy the time off and do only what you want from now!
SEE MORE: Retirement Wishes for your Mother
Retirement Messages for Sister in Law
- Happy retirement to my sister in law. I’m so pleased for you and know you’re going to enjoy all that retired life has to offer
- Congratulations to my sister in law as you retire. May you look forward to the coming years as some of the best of your life
- Wishing you a retirement that brings you the fun and joy you deserve after such an impressive career. Enjoy yourself
- Your retirement gives us a chance to see and spend more time with one another. What could be better than that!? Happy retirement, sis
- Sending my loving wishes to my sister in law as you retire. I am confident you are going to love all the free time and lack of stress you now have. Enjoy!
- Happy retirement day sis! Today you finish work for the last time and embark on the exciting new adventures that come with retirement. I’m so pleased for you and wish you every happiness over the coming years
- Congrats sis! Make your retirement the most amazing years of your life and embrace all the wonderful new experiences you’re going to have
- It’s time to celebrate and party as you are retiring! Let’s plan all the fun things you can do now and look forward to many years of great times
- You have always been there for me through thick and thin and so as you retire I want you to know I’ll be there for you no matter what. Retirement can be scary but I’m sure we will make it such a fantastic time full of laughter and fun for you
- To my sister in law – may your retirement bring you the rest that you so richly deserve. All my love and best wishes
SEE MORE: Happy Retirement Wishes for Nurses
When your sister or sister in law is retiring it’s only right to reach out and tell her how happy for her you are. Knowing what to say isn’t easy though.
So hopefully these retirement messages for your sister will have helped you to find the perfect words for a card or touching message.
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.