Weddings are big events, and taken seriously by those involved. But sometimes it is appropriate to offer a bit of fun to the big day. Especially when it’s someone like your best friend getting married.
That’s where a funny wedding message comes in. A few funny words or a funny quote can be a great way to break the ice or calm their nerves.
And who better to have a joke with than a best friend? You know each other as well as anyone.
So if you want something funny to say or write in a wedding card for your best friend then the messages and quotes below should be ideal.
Funny Wedding Wishes for Best Friend
- Keep calm and don’t do it Congratulations bestie!
- You will have moments when you really love each other… then there will be the rest of the time!
- “Spending time with friends” will now be a distant memory. Try not to forget me!
- Look at you two getting married, while here I am still swiping right on Tinder! Congratulations, pal
- Congratulations for embarking on life’s journey called marriage… which is either a two way street between compromise and sacrifice or a one way street to divorce!
- I know a good travel agent if you change your mind? If not, have a wonderful wedding!
- I know I am going to have an awesome time attending your wedding because I will be reminded of all the money I will be saving by not getting married. Congratulations my best friend!
- Your wedding marks the end of your love story and the start of a new everlasting headache!
- You’ve finally found someone who understands your weird jokes. Hold onto them forever!
- What do late night parties, outings with friends and lazy weekends have in common? They all disappear after you get married. So cheers to this new chapter!
READ MORE: Funny Wedding Quotes and Sayings
Funny Wedding Wishes for Female Best Friend
- Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age – as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight
- Marriage is just a fancy word for adopting an overgrown male child who cannot be handled by his parents anymore
- I know I am going to have an awesome time attending your wedding because I will be reminded of all the money I will be saving by not getting married. Congratulations!
- A person is incomplete without a spouse, but you’re finished with one. Enjoy married life!
- Your kids grow up and move out. Your husband never does. Just sayin’. Best wishes for your wedding
- I guess your wedding isn’t all bad, at least now you’ll annoy someone else when you’re bored! Congratulations to us both!
- If you were dying to cook for someone your whole life, you could have just come to me! Only kiddin’, congratulations!
- The secret to a happy marriage? I’ll tell you… it’s a secret!
- Congratulations. You can look forward to everyone asking “when are you going to get married” to stop and “when is the baby due” taking its place
- Congratulations on your first adopted baby – your husband!
READ MORE: Wedding Anniversary Quotes
Funny Wedding Wishes for Male Best Friend
- Some future advice for the Groom: the most effective way to remember your wedding anniversary is to forget it… once!
- I’m happy that you are getting married, but does that mean I have to buy two birthday gifts every year instead of one?
- Knowing the entrepreneurial couple that you are, I was wondering if you could give me some insider tips so I can place my bets on how long you both will last? Congratulations for getting hitched
- Never forget these two powerful sentences that can spell the difference between war and peace. Those are “You’re right, dear” and “Okay, buy it”.
- It’s like a give or take relationship. You either give or she knows how to take it. Happy married life my friend
- Marriage: Where “Yes Dear” are the magic words
- You are really lucky, as you got an opportunity to choose your prison. Happy wedding! Congratulations my best friend
- From single to married, from available to busy, from no worries to no money – are you sure you want to do this?
- Congratulations – you just paid for a whole bunch of your friends and family to have the biggest party of their lives
- I will pass on some of my wisdom to you my friend: the most important four words for a successful marriage: “I’ll do the dishes”
Funny Wedding Quotes for Best Friend
- “I am” is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that “I do” is the longest sentence?” – George Carlin
- Marriage – the only day people cheerfully escort you to your sufferings ahead. Have a nice married life!
- Marriage is like ‘I accept the terms and conditions’ without actually reading them. Happy Wedding Day!
- All weddings are happy. It’s living together afterwards that’s difficult!
- A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal
- Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering
- Marriage is like a deck of cards. In the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond. By the end, you wish you had a club and spade
- “A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished” – Zsa Zsa Gabor
- “Why do married people live longer than single people? I think it’s because married people make a special effort to live longer than their partner – just so they can have the last word” – Janet Periat
- “Marriage: sometimes soulmates, sometimes cellmates” – Rory Elder
- The only difference between marriage and stupidity is that marriage is expensive while stupidity comes free of cost
We hope you these quotes and sayings have helped you to find the perfect wedding message. A few funny words can help to lighten the mood on the big day.
As long as you are their for your friend and can offer them your support as well as a joke or laugh then you’ll have the best funny wedding wishes for a best friend.
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.