“Happy Birthday, old man!” – not the nicest way to wish someone a happy birthday, is it? In fact it may even sound a bit cruel.
But when it’s between friends we often make fun of and give each other a hard time over getting older. Especially when it’s guys! That sort of banter can seem harsh but is meant with affection.
Birthday wishes for – how should we say it – the older gentleman are quite often designed to ridicule and mock. Joking about their age, bodily functions, even sex lives are all common. Crude? Maybe. Funny? Definitely! And if it’s for a close pal then they usually take it all in good humour.
So if you’re looking for some funny birthday messages for an older man, maybe even your husband then you’re in the right place. The selection below is filled with the perfect wording ideas for your birthday wishes to the more mature fella you know.
Old Man Birthday Wishes
Happy Birthday Old Man Quotes
These birthday quotes are all about getting older and old age so should be perfect to tease and poke fun at a male friend of yours.
- “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake” –
- “You’re getting old when the only thing you want for your birthday is not to be reminded of it” – Felix Severn
- “Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself” – Tom Wilson
- “As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two” – Norman Wisdom
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest” – Rev. Larry Lorenzoni
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed” – Charles Schultz
- “The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana” – Betty White
SEE MORE: Happy 80th Birthday Wishes
We hope you liked these birthday wishes for old men and that they’ve helped you to have a bit of a laugh with a friend of yours. Be warned though: it won’t be too long until you’re on the receiving end of one of these messages yourself!
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.