Looking to put a smile on a sick friends face with some funny get well wishes? Need a joke or one liner for a funny get well message you’re writing?
We are here to help!
When so someone you know is injured or unwell it’s not uncommon to feel pretty unhappy. Being unable to do what you want, often lonely and feeling awful.
So they need some cheering up, right? That’s where funny get well wishes come in.
A good one liner or gentle ribbing about them being sick can really cheer them up and give them a chuckle whilst they recover.
Anything that helps to brighten their mood and lets them know their friends are thinking of them is going to help.
So use these hilarious messages to write in a get well card or say in person to a loved one that is sick and
Funny Get Well Wishes
- I hope you feel better soon! But until then please keep a safe distance!
- Please get well soon. I can only be nice to you for so long!
- Getting back to full health is the easy part.. it’s getting back to work that’s tough! Feel better soon
- If you wanted to get off work there are easier ways than this!
- I’m so sorry you’re not feeling well… and that you had to eat hospital food
- Hurry up and get better soon! We want to make fun of you again and not feel bad about it
- Studies have shown that those who receive get well cards have an 80% faster recovery rate
- Sorry your sick day is due to actual sickness
- Laughter is the best medicine, or gin… whatever
- Take as long as you need to recover. All your work will be here whenever you are ready to return. It will just be piled up extremely high on your desk
- Germs, just like everyone else, find you irresistible!
- I hope you get well soon, so you can come back to work and instantly feel worse
- I hope you like this get well card. And I definitely didn’t get you it so I wouldn’t have to shake your hand or give you a hug while you’re still sick
- Remember to make the most of and milk this while you can – you’ll be better soon enough!
READ MORE: Get Well Wishes for Coworkers and Colleagues
What to Write in a Get Well Card that is Funny
If you’re sending a friend or family member a get well card then it’s a good idea to include something funny if you can. Laughter is a especially beneficial when you’re feeling down or sick.
So a clever line about being sick or funny joke regarding missing work could go do really well with someone who is under the weather.
- Your stupid illness is robbing me of attention! Get well soon
- People who think laughter is the best medicine have apparently never had morphine
- Try not to think of it as a hospital stay. Think of it as a spa package that includes meals, regular health evaluations and jello cubes
- Wishing you a quick and complete recovery… mainly because I can’t be bothered to come to the hospital for a second time!
- If I told you to “Get Well Soon,” it wouldn’t be soon enough. Get Well Now!
- If all the doctors are as hot as yours, I’d choose to be sick every day!
- See? You’re so great, even germs like you!
- I heard pretendinitis really sucks. I hope you manage to get over it
- Being sick is just your body’s way of telling you you’re way too awesome, and you need to slow down so everyone else can catch up
- Here’s hoping your recovery from surgery goes down as smoothly as the painkillers and comfort food will
- I know you wanted some time off work but this was a bit extreme!
- I may not be a doctor… but they do say that duct tape fixes everything!
- Lying in bed for days on end gives you the chance to reflect on what’s important in life.. not to mention count little cracks in the ceiling
- If your immune system was a lawyer, I would fire it. It doesn’t seem to be defending you well enough
READ MORE: Get Well Wishes for After Surgery
Rude Get Well Messages
These funny messages are a little bit naughty! Or just plain rude. Most people will find them offensive so you’re going to need to be careful about who you send them to. But if you know someone with a bit of a twisted sense of humor then they should be perfect.
- Get well soon so I can have the rest of your Vicodin
- An apple a day will keep anyone away… if you throw it hard enough
- Get better soon. I would visit… but I really don’t want what you have
- Feel better soon – headstones are really expensive!
- I always knew you were sick… just not in this way
- Get well soon. It’s too bad there’s no cure for being a [your choice of insult/rude word here]
- Get well soon! Unless of course I’m the beneficiary of your life insurance, in which case I think you should stop fighting it and let yourself be at peace
- I hope you get better soon, I honestly don’t have the time to attend a funeral right now
- I hope you’re soon feeling yourself again! Not in that way…
- Look on the bright side, at least it’s not herpes [or another embarrassing disease]
- Sorry you feel like s***
- Please get well soon so I find you attractive again
- Here’s hoping the worst part of your surgery will be wiping with the other hand…
READ MORE: Get Well Wishes for Cancer
Cheering someone sick up is never easy but laughter is a great healer. So if you can put a smile on someone’s face that is unwell you should definitely try.
Hopefully these funny get well wishes will have helped you find a few choice words to wish someone a speedy recovery and give them a laugh whilst they’re feeling ill.
Sally Gibson is the founder of Someone Sent you a Greeting, a holiday/celebration website. Sally’s writing work has been mentioned in Woman’s World, Yahoo, Women’s Health, MSN and more. If you have any questions get in contact with one of the team via the about page.